Trados 2017 purchased last year and got upgraded to 2019--How to reinstall from scratch?
Thread poster: Jean Chao
Jean Chao
Jean Chao  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 28, 2019

Hi,

I used TGB here to buy a copy of Trados 2017 last year, with a package deal of upgrading to 2019. I only used this Trados a few times last year. Then I stopped using this Trados completely for almost six months. I opened it today and found that it kept saying "could not create default project folder".

Did a community search and found that this "FreshStart" app is supposed to fix this problem, according to Trados official. Unfortunately, it didn't do the job. No
... See more
Hi,

I used TGB here to buy a copy of Trados 2017 last year, with a package deal of upgrading to 2019. I only used this Trados a few times last year. Then I stopped using this Trados completely for almost six months. I opened it today and found that it kept saying "could not create default project folder".

Did a community search and found that this "FreshStart" app is supposed to fix this problem, according to Trados official. Unfortunately, it didn't do the job. Now I'm getting "Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started".

I was wondering if that upgrade from 2017 confused the system, so I'd like to reinstall the Trados 2019 since I haven't really created any projects in 2019 yet.

How do I do this for a clean installation?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Jean
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 08:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Revo Uninstaller Jun 29, 2019

Hi Jean,
I recommend you use Revo Uninstaller (freeware) to do a clean uninstall of your previous version of Studio family of products. Just in case, do deactivate it first.
You can safely delete all what Revo Uninstaller finds in its "Advanced" analysis after the initial uninstallation you will go through.
Do tell me if you need any more hints.
Revo Uninstaller is really extraordinary. Leaves no traces of applications that don't completely uninstall, as is the case with
... See more
Hi Jean,
I recommend you use Revo Uninstaller (freeware) to do a clean uninstall of your previous version of Studio family of products. Just in case, do deactivate it first.
You can safely delete all what Revo Uninstaller finds in its "Advanced" analysis after the initial uninstallation you will go through.
Do tell me if you need any more hints.
Revo Uninstaller is really extraordinary. Leaves no traces of applications that don't completely uninstall, as is the case with Studio.
Good luck!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jean Jun 29, 2019

Jean Chao wrote:
I'd like to reinstall the Trados 2019 since I haven't really created any projects in 2019 yet.

Well, you need to log in to your SDL account in order to download the installer and the license number(s).

https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/licenses.aspx
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mydownloads.asp

(You don't have to install Trados 2017 before installing Trados 2019, even though you bought an upgrade.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 purchased last year and got upgraded to 2019--How to reinstall from scratch?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »