https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/335891-different_quickinsert_options_in_different_projects.html

Different QuickInsert options in different projects
Thread poster: translateLT
translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:02
English to Lithuanian
Jul 8, 2019

I've noticed that in some projects that I receive from clients QuickInsert has custom options to insert German quotes and other symbols, while other projects have blank custom options and clicking the arrow in the lower right corner says that action with QuickTagListButton is not enabled. Why there is this difference? Can I enable German quotes custom option by myself? How do I ask the client to modify the task to enable this option?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:02
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
My guess is it's language specific Jul 9, 2019

I cannot say for certain why the difference, but I would think it must have to do with what language is defined as target language for the project. Though if you always work with one specific target language this sounds strange in your case.

translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:02
English to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
Same language Jul 9, 2019

Yes I do work with the same target language. If I create project myself, Quickinsert options depend on source file format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different QuickInsert options in different projects

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »