Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 05:25
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2019

Hello,
I am using SLD Trados 2019. I work for an international agency which send me theirs TM and TB. I associate the TBs to my projects: If I search a term, the program give me the output, but it does not recognize it. And I need it!
Thanks a lot for your help.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:25
Member (2005)
French to English
Check a few points Jul 26, 2019

Hullo Paula,

At the risk of stating the obvious,

1) Check the termbase settings in Project Settings; make sure the required database is set as the default and the search settings are right;

2) Check the termbase's behaviour in Multiterm - does it respond normally to sample searches?

3) While in 'Mtm', reorganize the termbase. To access this function, you must switch to the Termbase Management window;

4) Some delving into the SDL S
... See more
Hullo Paula,

At the risk of stating the obvious,

1) Check the termbase settings in Project Settings; make sure the required database is set as the default and the search settings are right;

2) Check the termbase's behaviour in Multiterm - does it respond normally to sample searches?

3) While in 'Mtm', reorganize the termbase. To access this function, you must switch to the Termbase Management window;

4) Some delving into the SDL Support portal may bear fruit:

https://gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge?articleName=000001161

e. g.;

5) You may wish to export terms from the TB. Make sure the 'xdt' TB definition file is right. This, incidentally, should also be checked in the client's TB fileset.

I hope these steps may provide an approach to a solution.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren (IanDhu - translator 41189)
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Some things to check Jul 26, 2019

Dear Paula,

There are some things you can check, but ultimately, you may simply suffer from the fact that MultiTerm only finds some of the terms some of the time. It's a known issue that Trados hasn't been able (or couldn't be bothered) to solve and that has been around at least since the last four or five major releases. Search the fora and you will find lots of posts dealing with the same problem.

Anyway, check this: Are the terms in questions underlined in red? Check
... See more
Dear Paula,

There are some things you can check, but ultimately, you may simply suffer from the fact that MultiTerm only finds some of the terms some of the time. It's a known issue that Trados hasn't been able (or couldn't be bothered) to solve and that has been around at least since the last four or five major releases. Search the fora and you will find lots of posts dealing with the same problem.

Anyway, check this: Are the terms in questions underlined in red? Check if you have activated the term recognition window (it may be hidden behind the term search window).

Try to lower the match value in the termbase search settings.

If this doesn't help, delete the TB from your project, reorganize it in MultiTerm Desktop, then reattach it to your project. You may want to throw in a restart of your PC for good measure as well before reattaching the TB. Sometimes, this does the trick for half an hour, after which you'll have to repeat the procedure.

HTH,
Erik

[Edited at 2019-07-26 15:06 GMT]
Collapse

Adam Warren

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TB problem Jul 29, 2019

I agree with Erik concerning the ongoing deficiencies with TBs. In addition to the suggested Reorganise (may be required often), the Glossary Converter available from the SDL AppStore (free) can sometimes solve other problems.

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 05:25
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with TB Jul 31, 2019

Thank you all of you. The problem remains...
Bye, bye..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with TB

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »