TM and MT results no longer displayed or applied in Studio 2017 SR1
Thread poster: Luca Balestra
Luca Balestra
Luca Balestra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:13
Japanese to English
Jul 29, 2019

I translate from Japanese into English. For some reason (cannot say since when) TM and MT results are no longer displayed in the "Translation Results" window above the editor. There is only a yellow band under the Japanese original.

Lookup still works, because TM matches are still applied in the editor window and I get auto-suggested MT fragments as I type. However, the "Apply translation result" command (Ctrl + T) no longer works, which is frustrating.

What do??
... See more
I translate from Japanese into English. For some reason (cannot say since when) TM and MT results are no longer displayed in the "Translation Results" window above the editor. There is only a yellow band under the Japanese original.

Lookup still works, because TM matches are still applied in the editor window and I get auto-suggested MT fragments as I type. However, the "Apply translation result" command (Ctrl + T) no longer works, which is frustrating.

What do??

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:13
German to English
Try "Reset Window Layout" Jul 30, 2019

Luca,

Have you tried "Reset Window Layout" in the "View" menu?

Studio sometimes rearranges the layout seemingly by itself, but it's normally because the user has accidentally pressed a key combination that does crazy things with the individual windows.

Luca Balestra

Luca Balestra
Luca Balestra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:13
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 1, 2019

Thank you so much Robin - this fixed it!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM and MT results no longer displayed or applied in Studio 2017 SR1

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »