Thread poster: Luke Hubbard (X)
Luke Hubbard (X)
Luke Hubbard (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:40
German to English
Aug 2, 2019

Hi,

I'm currently studying for level 1 certification on Trados 2019. I'm studying about alignment and the manual says 'click alignment edit mode' but I can't find this anywhere. I've attached a print screen of my Trados screen, so you can see that it isn't there.

... See more
Hi,

I'm currently studying for level 1 certification on Trados 2019. I'm studying about alignment and the manual says 'click alignment edit mode' but I can't find this anywhere. I've attached a print screen of my Trados screen, so you can see that it isn't there.

Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:40
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Luke Aug 2, 2019

Luke Hubbard wrote:
I'm studying about alignment and the manual says 'click alignment edit mode' but I can't find this anywhere.

I don't know the answer, so I can only offer a googled result:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/21764/alignment-edit-mode-grayed-out
At the very bottom it says or implies that this step was removed from the program and you can now apparently just edit directly. Is that so?

Luke Hubbard (X)
Luke Hubbard (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:40
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Can only connect 1:1 Aug 3, 2019

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the link. When I disconnect two segments, I only have the option to connect them 1:1, but again with the wrong segment or the segment they were disconnected from. I don't have the option to connect n:n

Very strange!

Christian Schaller
Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:40
English to German
You do Aug 3, 2019

You simply have to mark all segments you want to connect using the CTRL key and then hit "Connect" instead of "Connect 1:1". That's really all there is to it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Alignment edit mode' - not showing up

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »