Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:28
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2019

I'm also posting this on the official SDL help forum, but here goes:

I'm using Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.4.1693, but the problem was there in Studio 2017, too (I was hoping to get rid of this by updating):

I'm working on a server based project. The client has included three termbases. I want to add one of my local termbases, too, and have it sit on the first place so I can actually add terms to it (the client's termbases are read-only).

However, after moving m
... See more
I'm also posting this on the official SDL help forum, but here goes:

I'm using Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.4.1693, but the problem was there in Studio 2017, too (I was hoping to get rid of this by updating):

I'm working on a server based project. The client has included three termbases. I want to add one of my local termbases, too, and have it sit on the first place so I can actually add terms to it (the client's termbases are read-only).

However, after moving my local termbase to the first spot in the list, it doesn't stay there. When I open the termbase configuration window, the local termbase is back on the last spot in the list.

As soon as I close the window and try to add a term, I'm told that I'm not permitted to write to the termbase (what's more, the window informing me of this keeps re-opening, so all I can do at this time is close Studio using the task manager).

So practically I can't use local termbases within a server project that already has a server based termbase attached to it.

Anything to be done?

Regards,

Erik
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to use local termbase in server based projects

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »