Why doesn't the set-up package already contain the latest Service Pack?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Dec 10, 2019

Yesterday evening I downloaded and installed a huge set-up package for Studio 2019. When I checked for updates, I noticed that 350 MB had to be downloaded.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:49
English to German
+ ...
Take care Dec 10, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:

Yesterday evening I downloaded and installed a huge set-up package for Studio 2019. When I checked for updates, I noticed that 350 MB had to be downloaded.

Take care when installing the update, it messed up my Studio installation to the extent that I had to copy a virtual machine with a running Studio from a recent update to my main system. It was impossible to run, uninstall and reinstall Studio after the "update".

[Edited at 2019-12-10 07:58 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
All went fine Dec 10, 2019

In my case, luckily all went fine. My VMware virtual machine with Windows 10 is relatively clean, since I only use it for SDL Studio. After every step of the deinstallation and installation process, I reboot the VM, in order to unlock any active components of Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »