Thread poster: Jonathan Holland
Jonathan Holland
Jonathan Holland  Identity Verified
France
German to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2020

Hi,
I'm having difficulty creating a TM and adding it to a project in SDL Trados Studio 2019. I then need to send all segments in the project to the TM so I can send the TM to the client. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks,
Jonathan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jonathan Apr 30, 2020

Jonathan Holland wrote:
I'm having difficulty creating a TM and adding it to a project in SDL Trados Studio 2019. I then need to send all segments in the project to the TM so I can send the TM to the client.

If you have trouble adding a TM to a project, another option is to create a TM outside a project and then import the translated SDLXLIFF files into it. In Trados, go File > New > New Translation Memory, and save it to e.g. your Desktop. Then, go View > Translation Memories to get to the Translation Memories view, where the new TM will be visible. Right-click the TM and select Import. Then add the translated SDLXLIFF files from your project to the dialog, and... that's it.

Kenia Salazar-Díaz

Jonathan Holland
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working Apr 30, 2020

Thanks for that Samuel, having created the TM I have gone to View, clicked on Translation Memories to get to the Translation Memories view, but the new TM is not visible. Any ideas?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jonathan Apr 30, 2020

Jonathan Holland wrote:
I have gone to View, clicked on Translation Memories to get to the Translation Memories view, but the new TM is not visible. Any ideas?

It may be that the yellow "Translation Memories" folder is "folded in". If you can see it (in the left-hand pane), try double-clicking it.

Jonathan Holland
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM Apr 30, 2020

That has worked, very many thanks Samuel! Have a great evening, Jonathan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create TM from project file in SDL Trados Studio 2019

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »