TM management: batch edit without changing TU date
Thread poster: translateLT
translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 18:21
English to Lithuanian
Jun 4, 2020

I have a large TM with old TU entries where every letter is surrounded with a tag. I want to clean it up but leave TU modification date intact since these are still old and unreliable entries. Is it possible to do it with Trados? Currently, I rely on editing TMX file with REGEX which is cumbersome.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:21
English to Russian
Heartsome Jun 4, 2020

You can download a tmx editing tool from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15tz6sdr1ibp6s7/AADNAUCxKleoM1IZVqGbrUOga
Select a version that fits your system best (choose one with _JRE ending).
Once installed, open your tmx with Heartsome, go to Edit => Delete All Tags, then just save your tmx.

translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 18:21
English to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 5, 2020

Thank you, I will give it a go and report my findings

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM management: batch edit without changing TU date

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »