Studio 2017, segmentation rules (after ";"), aligning
Thread poster: Margarita Khabibullina
Margarita Khabibullina
Margarita Khabibullina
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Jun 14, 2020

Hello!
When I perform alignment for a pair of documents I see that the source text (in English) breaks after ";", but the target text (in Russuian) is not separated with ";". What can be wrong?
In segmentation rules I choose:
Before break: "text (including numbers)"
Break symbol: ";"
After break: "Any"

When I use this TM in Editor, the source text has a correct segmentation (after every ";").

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2020
... See more
Hello!
When I perform alignment for a pair of documents I see that the source text (in English) breaks after ";", but the target text (in Russuian) is not separated with ";". What can be wrong?
In segmentation rules I choose:
Before break: "text (including numbers)"
Break symbol: ";"
After break: "Any"

When I use this TM in Editor, the source text has a correct segmentation (after every ";").

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2020-06-15 07:38 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:30
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please do not refresh the forum page Jun 15, 2020

with the post editing window opened, otherwise your post will require vetting each time you do this.

Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017, segmentation rules (after ";"), aligning

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »