Studio 2017: Problem with Wordprocessing and generating target files with Word 2007
Thread poster: Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:26
French to German
Jun 30, 2020

Dear colleagues,

I have a big problem with the file type “Wordprocessing ML v.2” and I hope that you can give me some advice.

I work with Studio 2017 and I’m still using Word 7 – an older version than you might use, but I find it works better with the Windows Speech Recognition that I must use to avoid tendinitis.

I ask myself if there could be a compatibility problem between Wordprocessing and Word 7?

Every time I generate the target f
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have a big problem with the file type “Wordprocessing ML v.2” and I hope that you can give me some advice.

I work with Studio 2017 and I’m still using Word 7 – an older version than you might use, but I find it works better with the Windows Speech Recognition that I must use to avoid tendinitis.

I ask myself if there could be a compatibility problem between Wordprocessing and Word 7?

Every time I generate the target file, I lose all the spaces that should appear between the segments.

For example:

Segment 1: He knocked at the door.

Segment 2: Than he came in.

In the generated Word file I’ll have: “He knocked at the door.Than he came in”

This is quite annoying if I have a text with several pages: either I must remember to make two spaces at every segment end while translating or I must add manually the missing spaces while proofreading the translation.

Any heading and/or footer that could be in the original text will be missing. The images don’t appear in the target file either.

This problem only appears when the file type “Wordprocessing” is used. When I uncheck this file type, the file type “Word” is automatically used and there is no problem! But my clients often send me packages and they are using Wordprocessing by default.

3 solutions:

1) Ask any client to uncheck this option before creating the package (annoying for them, annoying for me to ask this each time)

2) Add myself the original files to the project after having unchecked Wordprocessing (annoying if the client has inserted locked segments)

3) Make myself the layout again with copy and paste (too long, for the last bigger project I passed one hour with this)

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem? Could it come from my “old” Word version? I have this problem since I changed my computer (Windows 10). I worked on Windows 7 before with the same software (Word 7 and Studio 2017) and never had these problems!

Thanks in advance for your precious help and have a nice day.

- Simone -
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Just to be sure... Word 7? Jun 30, 2020

Simone Duverger wrote:
I’m still using Word 7 – an older version than you might use...

Can we just make sure, so... Word 95?

word seven

Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Word 2007 Jun 30, 2020

No, I was wrong, Word 2007 !

My fault, sorry, I'll correct the title!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: Problem with Wordprocessing and generating target files with Word 2007

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »