The translation provider X - Y could not be opened and has been disabled.
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 3, 2020

I got a package for SDL Trados. When I look at the project settings - All language pairs - I should enter my SDL username and password. How do I know them? If I try to use one of my translation memories, these will not be used, it says. When I open the file, the above message is displayed.
Fortunately the customer agreed that I translate straight from the Word file. But I wonder what is wrong with the package. Is there anything I could do in order to be able to use my memories when transla
... See more
I got a package for SDL Trados. When I look at the project settings - All language pairs - I should enter my SDL username and password. How do I know them? If I try to use one of my translation memories, these will not be used, it says. When I open the file, the above message is displayed.
Fortunately the customer agreed that I translate straight from the Word file. But I wonder what is wrong with the package. Is there anything I could do in order to be able to use my memories when translating the package?
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 09:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Server TM maybe? Jul 3, 2020

Hi Heinrich, I have to input my credentials only when connecting to a server TM, that is set-up in a project package sent by the agency. The credentials are set by the agency. Maybe that's the problem?
Anyway, I can connect my own file-based TM to the same project once opened the package. That's the point that seems strange it what you mention about your files.
Good luck, I'd say your client should know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The translation provider X - Y could not be opened and has been disabled.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »