Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 22:13
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2020

The client delivered 5 files including 3 Word files and 2 PowerPoint files. The PP files are fine. I have already translated them. However, when I try to open any of the Word files in Trados Studio 2017, I get the "Error" message: "Failed to open [the file]. Refer to the additional error information below for more details.
The document is not bilingual since "tw4winMark" style is not defined."

What does that mean? Can I fix the problem/error? How can I do that?

Th
... See more
The client delivered 5 files including 3 Word files and 2 PowerPoint files. The PP files are fine. I have already translated them. However, when I try to open any of the Word files in Trados Studio 2017, I get the "Error" message: "Failed to open [the file]. Refer to the additional error information below for more details.
The document is not bilingual since "tw4winMark" style is not defined."

What does that mean? Can I fix the problem/error? How can I do that?

Thank you!
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Please check this solution Aug 4, 2020

Have you checked this solution: https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=Error-message-when-opening-a-bilingual-Microsoft-Word-docx-file-in-SDL-Trados-Studio-2011-SP1-or-higher-BILINGUAL-DOCUMENT

Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 22:13
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 4, 2020

Thank you! I just saved as those 3 files in another folder and now they are free of any errors.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error with Word files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »