Thread poster: Kitty Maerz
Kitty Maerz
Kitty Maerz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:03
English to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2020

Okay, I translated a file in SDL Trados 2021 and exported it as a Powerpoint. It looked fine, I opened it and made changes etc. Then I sent it to the client who couldn't open it. When I tried to open my version it no longer opened. So I figured something went wrong when I made changes in Powerpoint and tried to save as source again. However, I now get an error message, can not be saved as source document, not enough space (obviously there is plenty of space on my computer). Please help - what di... See more
Okay, I translated a file in SDL Trados 2021 and exported it as a Powerpoint. It looked fine, I opened it and made changes etc. Then I sent it to the client who couldn't open it. When I tried to open my version it no longer opened. So I figured something went wrong when I made changes in Powerpoint and tried to save as source again. However, I now get an error message, can not be saved as source document, not enough space (obviously there is plenty of space on my computer). Please help - what did I do wrong?Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:03
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Can you reexport it from Studio? Nov 17, 2020

I have no suggestion why you get this problem, but is it possible to reexport the file from Studio? I know this is not nice since you have already done work in the original Powerpoint file.

Perhaps then open and save the exported powerpoint as a new file (a backup file), just in case, but where you check the format you save it in?

Just my 5 cent.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save as target does not work in SDL Trados 2021

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »