Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Jul 30, 2002

Hi!

Just bought Trados 5.5.

I need help in creating a new termbase in Multiterm iX. I followed the instructions in support.trados.com on how to create a .txt file from an Excel table. I now have something like this:

apple¶

Apfel¶

pomme¶

manzana¶

So how do I use Multiterm iX to create a new termbase using my .txt file? Or is there some other way of creating a Mult
... See more
Hi!

Just bought Trados 5.5.

I need help in creating a new termbase in Multiterm iX. I followed the instructions in support.trados.com on how to create a .txt file from an Excel table. I now have something like this:

apple¶

Apfel¶

pomme¶

manzana¶

So how do I use Multiterm iX to create a new termbase using my .txt file? Or is there some other way of creating a Multiterm iX termbase without going through the steps above (steps which were designed for the old Multiterm).

The next question is: once I\'ve created this termbase, how do I configure Workbench and T-Window for Excel so that the termbase is accessible from them?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Marcus

Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Importing Excel/Word files will do too Jul 30, 2002

Just follow the instructions from this article:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=827

I have not did it yet, so I cannot tell how to set WB to use Multiterm, but I think it is described in the help files, which are acceptable.

Best

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating new termbase in Multiterm iX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »