Question regarding Trados TagEditor
Thread poster: Christine Healy-Rendel (X)
Christine Healy-Rendel (X)
Christine Healy-Rendel (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Sep 6, 2002

I am translating a text from English into German (txt files that were extracted from PageMaker).

I have worked with Trados a lot, but mainly with Word-documents. I use TagEditor for the first time. So far I have encountered no problems with using it, but just cannot figure out one issue:

When I look at the preview for German, the German target text won\'t show the German \"Umlaute\" (ö, ü, ä etc.), instead I just see gibberish where the Umlaut should
... See more
I am translating a text from English into German (txt files that were extracted from PageMaker).

I have worked with Trados a lot, but mainly with Word-documents. I use TagEditor for the first time. So far I have encountered no problems with using it, but just cannot figure out one issue:

When I look at the preview for German, the German target text won\'t show the German \"Umlaute\" (ö, ü, ä etc.), instead I just see gibberish where the Umlaut should be. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:29
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
I have the same problem with Vietnamese language Sep 6, 2002

Please keep me posted on this issue

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Go to Yahoo_group Sep 7, 2002

For any question regarding Trados, you should join that group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tw_users

You will find there a lot of people very competent that will help you. I\'ve \"used\" them several times, every time with success.

HTH - René

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question regarding Trados TagEditor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »