https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/7431-import_problem_in_multiterm_diacritics_signs.html

Import problem in Multiterm & diacritics signs
Thread poster: Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
German to French
+ ...
Jan 4, 2003

A big project and (of course) a new problem with Trados!

I have a terminology list (plain text) that I want to import in Multiterm 5. I have formatted the list -as usual- following the special formatting rules of Multiterm, for example:

Schuh

chaussure

But when I want to import this list in Multiterm, I have a problem, which is probably due to the \"cédille\". Multiterm doesn\'t recognize as a field (becaus
... See more
A big project and (of course) a new problem with Trados!

I have a terminology list (plain text) that I want to import in Multiterm 5. I have formatted the list -as usual- following the special formatting rules of Multiterm, for example:

Schuh

chaussure

But when I want to import this list in Multiterm, I have a problem, which is probably due to the \"cédille\". Multiterm doesn\'t recognize as a field (because of the cédille of Français in the plain text list and all the text goes in the field. It looks so in Multiterm after the import:

Schuhchaussure

Anybody knows if I have to format specially the plain text list?

How can I resolve this problem?

Thank you!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use "French" instead of "Francais" Jan 4, 2003

If the cedille is really the problem, this shouldn\'t occur if you use \"French\".

Other potential problems I can think of:

- The two lines are separated by a \"soft\" line break (Shift+Enter), as opposed to a \"hard\" break (Enter).

- Is the text file really text, i.e. straight ASCII? Try to open it in the Windows Notepad - if you can\'t see the cedille there, it\'s a font issue.

Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How is it possible to change the field names? Jan 6, 2003

Thank you for your Answer Ralf.

But how is it possible to change the field names of an existing databank?

(kann man die Feldnamen nachträglich ändern?)

Jean-François

Fabienne Garlatti
Fabienne Garlatti  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:40
English to French
+ ...
Format of txt Feb 8, 2003

the format of your txt must reflect the names of the Index Fields as defined in File/Change Termbase Definition. If your index fields are labelled \"Français\" & \"Allemand\", your entry in the txt must look like:

[]Schuh

[]chaussure

NB. Without the \"[\" & \"]\" - inserted here so that proz can display them.

I have tried it. It works for me.

fabienne

[ This Message was edited
... See more
the format of your txt must reflect the names of the Index Fields as defined in File/Change Termbase Definition. If your index fields are labelled \"Français\" & \"Allemand\", your entry in the txt must look like:

[]Schuh

[]chaussure

NB. Without the \"[\" & \"]\" - inserted here so that proz can display them.

I have tried it. It works for me.

fabienne

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-09 04:04]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import problem in Multiterm & diacritics signs

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »