How can I translate PPT files with Trados 5.5 in Win98 environment?
Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 7, 2003

I was asked to translate ppt files using trados. I understand that T-window for powerpoint only works with Windows 2000.As I use win98 and Office 2000, I won\'t be able to use T-window for ppt to translate the ppt files. Does anyone have any workround?

Many thanks!

Zhoudan

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Accordung to Trados you can do this Feb 7, 2003

You can run Trados and T-Window for PPT with Win98 and Office 2000.

Read here: http://support.trados.com/faq.asp#GenReq

Kind regards

Jerzy

Zhoudan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now the font problem comes up Feb 7, 2003

Thank you, Jerzy,

With your information, I start the T-window for ppt and tries to open a segment, but it shows an error message£ºthe presentation contains unavailable fonts. I understand that the font problem of T-Window for Powerpoint has been discussed many times in the TWB group, so I searched the archive and found a solution: that is, to replace the unavailable font with the font you have on your computer. In fact, the ppt file font is Arial, which is available on my computer. f
... See more
Thank you, Jerzy,

With your information, I start the T-window for ppt and tries to open a segment, but it shows an error message£ºthe presentation contains unavailable fonts. I understand that the font problem of T-Window for Powerpoint has been discussed many times in the TWB group, so I searched the archive and found a solution: that is, to replace the unavailable font with the font you have on your computer. In fact, the ppt file font is Arial, which is available on my computer. for fearing that my computer may not have the Arial font (though I am pretty sure that it is there), I replaced it with Times New Rome, which I am sure I have, but the T-window still tells me that the font is not available.Now my question: why the T-window for ppt keeps telling me that \"the presentation contains unavailable font\"? And how to solve this problem?

Any idea?

Thank you!

Best,

Zhoudan
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Look at this article Feb 7, 2003

You can read something about here: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

In case of any doubts be sure you go to this page and search the Trados database, because this is often the fastest way to find the solution you need.

On the other hand, if this does not help, then I have no clue why. Sorry.

Kind regards

Jerzy

Zhoudan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Feb 8, 2003

Thank you so much, Jerzy!

I read the article very carefully and found my own mistake in replacing the fonts (I didn\'t see fonts with a question mark). In future, I will follow your advice and search the Trados Database before posting. Thank you again!

Kindest regards,

Zhoudan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I translate PPT files with Trados 5.5 in Win98 environment?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »