Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:24
German to French
+ ...
Sep 4, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to the upcoming webinar on September 16th : Do's and Don'ts for translators when it comes to Social Media marketing.

This course is aimed at freelancers, whether new or seasoned, who already have the basic knowledge of LinkedIn and Facebook, and of Twitter to some extent and who are already using social networks as part of their marketing strategy but do not have the results expected, or want to make social media part of their mar
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to the upcoming webinar on September 16th : Do's and Don'ts for translators when it comes to Social Media marketing.

This course is aimed at freelancers, whether new or seasoned, who already have the basic knowledge of LinkedIn and Facebook, and of Twitter to some extent and who are already using social networks as part of their marketing strategy but do not have the results expected, or want to make social media part of their marketing strategy, but have not really started yet or simply the curious ones who are wondering whether "it" really works

In this webinar you will learn:

- what social networks really can and can't do for you
- about the typical traps and the paradox of social media networking
- what the reality behind a social media strategy is
- what a constructive (and realistic) social media marketing strategy is

Registration is only 10 EUR, so grab your seat without hesitation!

Complete course description and registration on the webinar page

Feel free to submit here topics/questions/experiences etc. you'd like to be covered during the webinar and it will be integrated when possible.

Looking forward to "seeing" you on September 16th!

Regards,
Anne
Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:24
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Do's and Don'ts... Sep 4, 2011

or Dos and Don'ts?

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dear Anne Sep 5, 2011

Dear Anne,

I wanted to warn you about ProZ rules that prohibit us from overtly peddling our merchandise on this website. Then I clicked on the registration page link in your post and gathered that ProZ is somehow earning a bug too, so I guess you're not overstepping any ProZ rule.

The funniest part of your advertisment is were you welcome some basic knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Don't you have a solution for novices? I still giggle when I think back of t
... See more
Dear Anne,

I wanted to warn you about ProZ rules that prohibit us from overtly peddling our merchandise on this website. Then I clicked on the registration page link in your post and gathered that ProZ is somehow earning a bug too, so I guess you're not overstepping any ProZ rule.

The funniest part of your advertisment is were you welcome some basic knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Don't you have a solution for novices? I still giggle when I think back of the day that the Dutch HR giant Randstad bought offices on Second Life, with loads of real money.

Anne, if I formulate it like this I think I stand a fair chance of getting past the moderators.

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Member (2011)
English to German
Please read the next posting... Sep 5, 2011

[Edited at 2011-09-05 01:25 GMT]

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Member (2011)
English to German
Well, normally I am the person who oversteps the ProZ rules! Sep 5, 2011

Gerard de Noord wrote:

(...) and gathered that ProZ is somehow earning a bug too, so I guess you're not overstepping any ProZ rule. (...)

Sorry, but I just had to laugh reading "bug".

*bow*

Marina

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Novices Sep 5, 2011

Gerard de Noord wrote:

The funniest part of your advertisment is were you welcome some basic knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Don't you have a solution for novices?

Hi Gerard!
Well, it depends what we hear under "novice" - by basic knowledge I mean for example having already an account on LinkedIn, FB and Twitter and knowing what this is all about. Of course those who don't are more than welcome - the webinar will cover basic etiquette and strategies on those sites, not advanced strategies (maybe a next webinar?) - but we won't be going through the basics (e.g. what is the Twitter timeline, what's a news feed, etc.)

Let me rephrase this - this is not a beginners webinar, nor an advanced. It's for "advanced beginners" to "intermediate"

I hope this clarifies!

Regards,
Anne

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translators & Social media: Do's and Don'ts

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »