Social Media marketing - Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn...
Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:02
German to French
+ ...
Nov 11, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to my new upcoming series of webinars on Social media and social networking for freelancers' business.

The program goes as follows:

November 17th: Why you really should consider Google+ and Facebook as marketing tools ?

Learn about Facebook and Google+' features, capabilities and étiquette - learn about what they can do for you (and what they can't!) and see whether your translator marke
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to my new upcoming series of webinars on Social media and social networking for freelancers' business.

The program goes as follows:

November 17th: Why you really should consider Google+ and Facebook as marketing tools ?

Learn about Facebook and Google+' features, capabilities and étiquette - learn about what they can do for you (and what they can't!) and see whether your translator marketing can benefit from them.
Duration: 60 minutes, including 15 minutes Q/A
Price: 11 EUR, including unlimited access to the course materials and webinar video afterwards. Complete course description and registration here.

November 24th: Twitter: your freelance business' best friend

Did you know that Twitter remains largely underestimated and misused while it is probably the most powerful networking and marketing tool? Learn in this webinar just how powerful it is and what you can do to harness that power and make the best use of it for your personal and professional development.
Price: 15 EUR, including unlimited access to the course materials and webinar video afterwards. Complete course description and registration here.

December 1st:  LinkedIn good practices for translators

LinkedIn is the number one business social network out there. In 2011, they passed the 100 millions users bar. As freelancers, it has become clear now that you need to be in there as well. But how? Get some keys in this webinar to take your career and your business to the next level!
Price: 15 EUR, including unlimited access to the course materials and webinar video afterwards. Complete course description and registration here.

Let me know if you have any questions about the courses!
Looking forward to "seeing" you at 1, 2 or all 3 webinars.

Regards,
Anne

[Edited at 2011-11-11 11:28 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Worth it for attendees of your September webinar? Nov 11, 2011

Hi Anne,
I attended the webinar you gave in September on "Social media marketing for translators: Do's and (mostly) Dont's"
http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5320-social_media_marketing_for_translators:_dos_and_mostly_donts

It was great and I learnt a lot, so a belated thank you for that
... See more
Hi Anne,
I attended the webinar you gave in September on "Social media marketing for translators: Do's and (mostly) Dont's"
http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5320-social_media_marketing_for_translators:_dos_and_mostly_donts

It was great and I learnt a lot, so a belated thank you for that webinar. I wonder whether it will be worth signing up for 3 separate webinars on more or less the same subject? Obviously you will be going into each one in much more detail, but will there be a lot of repetition from the September session?

Best regards,
Emma
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Worth it for attendees of your September webinar? Nov 14, 2011

Hi Emma!

Sorry for the delayed answer
This is a good question (first I'm glad you found the September webinar useful, thanks for that!) - I'd say about 30% in the new series will be more or less the same contents than it.
The Dos' and Don'ts explained in September will be partly integrated but yes, this is going much more in detail and not
... See more
Hi Emma!

Sorry for the delayed answer
This is a good question (first I'm glad you found the September webinar useful, thanks for that!) - I'd say about 30% in the new series will be more or less the same contents than it.
The Dos' and Don'ts explained in September will be partly integrated but yes, this is going much more in detail and not 'Dos and Don'ts' centered for each network.

On Thurdsay for example we'll talk about Facebook Edgerank algorithm and how to use it for NFO (news Feed Optimization). We'll talk about the new Facebook (Ticker) and also about the new upocming Facebook profile (Timeline) - another example, in September we spent 5 minutes on Google+, this time we'll go in detail in why and how it can be used to our advantage (Googl+ is a particular case as there were a loooot of changes made since the last webinar)

I'd say, out of all 3 webinars, the one that will have the most repetitions of September is the LinkedIn one as I'll cover its Dos' and Don'ts, but in much more detail.

Hope this helps?

Have a great day!
Anne

[Edited at 2011-11-14 09:20 GMT]
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Also forgot to mention... Nov 14, 2011

... that I will be speaking much more slowly this time *smirk* - less concepts to explain in such a short time

Cheers!
Anne

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Thanks Anne Nov 15, 2011

Thanks for the details, Anne. Now I really don't know which way to jump!

By the way, I rather liked the galloping pace you set in September

Margherita Romagnoli
Margherita Romagnoli  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
=) Nov 15, 2011

Thank you Anne! "See you" there! I don't know yet if I can attend the first webinar, but I will for sure have a look at the video in the next days.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
;) Nov 17, 2011

@Emma hahahaa that's a sweet thing to say! God knows I naturally tend to speak fast (ah those Southern French) but I rarely had to squeeze so much contents in such a short time than at this webinar
Hope you made up your mind? Remember the first webinar's today! Hope to see you there!

@Margherita: Thanks a lot! "See" you soon

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Offer expires today Nov 17, 2011

Dear all,

For those still hesitating, as an incentive and as a thank you, if you register for all 3 live webinars (the first one being today at 5 pm European time) , I will give you a free private 30 minutes consulting session on your Social Media strategy/presence over the phone (or Skype) at a date of your convenience (value of such a private session per hour: 200€).

This offer is valid only for registration to all 3 live webinars even if you can't attend), it does
... See more
Dear all,

For those still hesitating, as an incentive and as a thank you, if you register for all 3 live webinars (the first one being today at 5 pm European time) , I will give you a free private 30 minutes consulting session on your Social Media strategy/presence over the phone (or Skype) at a date of your convenience (value of such a private session per hour: 200€).

This offer is valid only for registration to all 3 live webinars even if you can't attend), it does not apply to posterio purchase of the videos alone. Therefore the offer expires today after the first webinar has been held, so this is your last chance to register for all 3 and benefit from this great opportunity.

Grab your seat today... and "see" you there

Anne
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Twitter webinar coming up Nov 21, 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that the second webinar in the series is coming up this Thursday at 5 pm European time.

This week, we'll be covering Twitter

- the tricky Twitter etiquette and its nuances
- some tips on how to make a better use of Twitter
- various and advanced networking / marketing strategies through Twitter

Complete
... See more
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that the second webinar in the series is coming up this Thursday at 5 pm European time.

This week, we'll be covering Twitter

- the tricky Twitter etiquette and its nuances
- some tips on how to make a better use of Twitter
- various and advanced networking / marketing strategies through Twitter

Complete course info and registration over here: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5744-boost_your_use_of_twitter

"See you" on Thursday!

Anne
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
how Nov 22, 2011

How can I purchase the access to the webinar videos ex-post? Thanks.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On-demand videos Nov 22, 2011

Hi Tomas,

If you have not registered as an attendee at the actual webinar, you'll be able to purchase the videos a few days afterwards in the video centre. The list is here: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/trainers/157/courses

Videos are the course marked "on-Demand in this list". Apparently the video of alst week's webinar has not been upload
... See more
Hi Tomas,

If you have not registered as an attendee at the actual webinar, you'll be able to purchase the videos a few days afterwards in the video centre. The list is here: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/trainers/157/courses

Videos are the course marked "on-Demand in this list". Apparently the video of alst week's webinar has not been uploaded yet, I'm sure it will come soon.

Note that purchasing the on-demand video is a bit more expensive than purchasing the webinar itself - even if you can't attend the webinar, you'll have as an attendee unilimited access to its video afterwards.

Thanks for your interest!
Regards,
Anne
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Twitter webinar coming up today Nov 24, 2011

Hi all,

Juste as a reminder: the Twitter webinar is today, 5 pm CET. You can still register! http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5744-boost_your_use_of_twitter

Next Thurdsay w
... See more
Hi all,

Juste as a reminder: the Twitter webinar is today, 5 pm CET. You can still register! http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5744-boost_your_use_of_twitter

Next Thurdsay will be all about LinkedIn: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/5746-linkedin_good_practices_for_translators

"See" you there!

Anne
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Social Media marketing - Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »