Thread poster: Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:38
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 10, 2003

i need to insert an anchored text to the left of a table, at the left margin, but the programm will not let me insert the frame without changing the document. How can i insert the frame and not modify the rest of the structure?

Thanks,

Maria

Marisapad
Marisapad  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
do you mean a sidebar? Oct 10, 2003

Hi

I'm not an expert of FrameMaker 7 but I knew very well in the earlier versions.

Actually, do you mean on the left "in another flow" on simply attached to the table?

If it is in another flow, you should try with the SIDEBAR style, otherwise simply insert an "anchored frame" (Special/Anchored Frame/Outside Column) while you have the text cursor in the table text.
HTH
marisa

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I got the solution Oct 10, 2003

Thanks, Marisa,

i just had to use the tools palette, by clicking on the "place a text frame" and
that´s it, i spotted the frame and just
added it to the left without disturbing the
rest of the tables,

thank you!

Maria

Marisapad wrote:

Hi

I'm not an expert of FrameMaker 7 but I knew very well in the earlier versions.

Actually, do you mean on the left "in another flow" on simply attached to the table?

If it is in another flow, you should try with the SIDEBAR style, otherwise simply insert an "anchored frame" (Special/Anchored Frame/Outside Column) while you have the text cursor in the table text.
HTH
marisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another FrameMaker question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »