NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 19:38
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jan 14, 2004

Good morning everyone
I am beaming because this morning I ordered a ticket to Spain, my first trip to Europe in over a decade.
However, as you can imagine my passport is expired and I need another one, pronto. I can download the application form from the government webiste, but every time I try I get an error message from Reader, which then closes itself.
Help! I need to get my papers together... Yay!...
See more
Good morning everyone
I am beaming because this morning I ordered a ticket to Spain, my first trip to Europe in over a decade.
However, as you can imagine my passport is expired and I need another one, pronto. I can download the application form from the government webiste, but every time I try I get an error message from Reader, which then closes itself.
Help! I need to get my papers together... Yay!
PS It's -30 Celsius here today, thanks to an Arctic air mass expected to remain throughout the week. We usually get two of those, one in January and one in February. What is Valentine's Day like in Barcelona? I'll be getting to the airport in my parka, but I want to know what I should have on to disembark...;-)
Nancy
Collapse

Dominique Crouzit
Dominique Crouzit  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:38
French to English
+ ...
re-help Jan 14, 2004

why don't you send me the link and maybe I can try to download the doc as I have the latest version of acrobat and then try to email it back to you ....
[email protected]
ps: am also canadian and now living in the south of france (2-3 hours' drive from spain)... wouldn't want you to miss your plane

NancyLynn wrote:

Good morning everyone
Help! I need to get my papers together... Yay!
PS It's -30 Celsius here today, thanks to an Arctic air mass expected to remain throughout the week. We usually get two of those, one in January and one in February. What is Valentine's Day like in Barcelona? I'll be getting to the airport in my parka, but I want to know what I should have on to disembark...;-)
Nancy

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
thanks Dominique ! Jan 14, 2004

Here is the link :
www.ppt.gc.ca
Thanks for your help !
Nancy

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
The form Jan 14, 2004

Right-click this link, choose "Save target as" and choose a folder. The form will be downloaded to your computer and you can use it offline. (I hope it's the right one - PPT-044.)

But Acrobat Reader might give you the same error. What was the error? You might need to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
link and attachment both give me the same error Jan 14, 2004

Adobe Reader 6.0 has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Adobe Reader Jan 14, 2004

Try to download the latest version of Adobe Reader and reinstall it or try to install an older version. I am not sure if it can be downloaded from Adobe site, but you might find it on some installation CD (Trados, for example). Or, try to open the file on another computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Acrobat Reader error message

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »