Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:48
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 16, 2011

While in general I am satisfied with TO3000 (beside its hopeless project/client split), more and more I find it is a bit too tedious to use in modern times.

I get all my P.O.s in electronic format. Even though the formats and layout differ wildly, for the same clients it would be easy enough to extract the data into a nice tabbed file. The same goes for remittance notices/bank statements, etc. Ability to import such files would significantly improve my workflow...

Are t
... See more
While in general I am satisfied with TO3000 (beside its hopeless project/client split), more and more I find it is a bit too tedious to use in modern times.

I get all my P.O.s in electronic format. Even though the formats and layout differ wildly, for the same clients it would be easy enough to extract the data into a nice tabbed file. The same goes for remittance notices/bank statements, etc. Ability to import such files would significantly improve my workflow...

Are there any project management programs (preferably geared toward translators, but not necessarily) which allow such import? If so, what are their disadvantages compared to TO3000?
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:48
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
still using it because there is nothing better Sep 25, 2012

Jabberwock wrote:

So true. I don't exactly what it is, but there is something deeply unsatisfying about the program. No one seems to have come up with a really good alternative though geared towards freelance translators yet...

Michael

[Edited at 2012-09-25 20:38 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:48
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
This thread is too outdated Sep 25, 2012

The "hopeless project/client split" does not exist in TO3000 anymore.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:48
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Natalie: Sep 25, 2012

True. That has since been fixed, but the fact remains that the program isn't quite all it could be...

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternatives to TO3000 with automatic document import

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »