Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:03
English to French
Mar 22, 2004

I downloaded the FrameMaker tryout version and I installed it. When I try
to open the program the initialization begins,and stops, giving me a fatal
error 00000001 in module core initialisation. I work with Windows XP.
I've search all Adobe database an Internet support groups and I found nothing.
Help!!

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 16:03
English to German
Try the FrameMaker v7.0p578 update Mar 23, 2004

Louise Dupont wrote:

When I try to open the program the initialization begins,and stops, giving me a fatal error 00000001 in module core initialisation.

Did you install the FrameMaker v7.0p578 update?

Olaf
Olaf

Louise Dupont (X)
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Update Mar 23, 2004

Yes I did, and the update worked. The only thing I found concerning this fatal error is this link: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/15a8e.htm
They don't mention Window XP and the solution is for FrameMaker 5.0 and 5.1.

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Try a custom install without Acrobat/PDF support Mar 23, 2004

Louise Dupont wrote:
They don't mention Window XP and the solution is for FrameMaker 5.0 and 5.1.

FM 7 definitely runs under Windows XP. Some time ago we had problems with another installation and fixed it by choosing a custom install. I think there's an option relating to PDF or Acrobat integration/support. Uninstall your version and reinstall it without the Acrobat/PDF option and then install the update. If that doesn't work send the crash log file to Adobe's support. It's located in the main FrameMaker directory (FrameLog_yy.mm.dd_hh.mm.ss.txt).

Louise Dupont (X)
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Adobe.com won't help unless... Mar 25, 2004

...I buy their minimum support plan...
Regarding the .txt file, I did send it, but their auto reply says that no response will follow my e-mail.... they only collect the files to correct the problem on the next version.
When I install the FrameMaker program there is no options for me to choose (custom installation.....).
I don't know what else to try

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Check temp folder Mar 26, 2004

Did you follow the steps described in http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/15a8e.htm? I know that's for an older version but might apply to the latest version, too.

You also may want to check your temp folder to make sure that it's not full. In Windows XP its in the Local Settings folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp. You may have to activate the disp
... See more
Did you follow the steps described in http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/15a8e.htm? I know that's for an older version but might apply to the latest version, too.

You also may want to check your temp folder to make sure that it's not full. In Windows XP its in the Local Settings folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp. You may have to activate the display of hidden folders to see it. Tools > Folder Options > View > Hidden Files and Folders: Show hidden files and folders.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker 7 tryout version fatal error 00000001

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »