Which edition of Translation Office 3000 should I get?
Thread poster: Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2012

Could any freelancers who use Translation Office 3000 (http://www.to3000.com/order/new-license) please advise me on which edition is best.

Thanks,
Louise

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Depends Jul 20, 2012

It really depends on how much you will use the additional features in each version

I would recommend trying the 30 day trial which is fully operational and seeing how much you use the features.

However unless money is a real concern I would recommend getting the full version as it is definitely the most useful and even if you don't initially use all the features you will soon think of ways to use them. Plus if you get it through Proz TGB right now you can get the Advanc
... See more
It really depends on how much you will use the additional features in each version

I would recommend trying the 30 day trial which is fully operational and seeing how much you use the features.

However unless money is a real concern I would recommend getting the full version as it is definitely the most useful and even if you don't initially use all the features you will soon think of ways to use them. Plus if you get it through Proz TGB right now you can get the Advanced version for 155€ or 195$ (normal price 245$ or 330$)

[Edited at 2012-07-20 19:37 GMT]
Collapse

zigzum
zigzum
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:06
TO3000 Jul 25, 2012

Personally,

I do not like TO3000. Way too complicated software with way too many options for my needs. But this stands true for me. No idea how much use you will get out of it. As my colleague said before, get the free version and try it for yourself.

Viktor

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 08:06
What functions have you found complicated? Jul 31, 2012

Dear Viktor,

Could you please describe which functions of TO3000 you have found complicated? Your feedback is important for us to make our software better.

By the way, I would like to recommend you to watch our Introductory webinar on ProZ which helps to understand logic of
... See more
Dear Viktor,

Could you please describe which functions of TO3000 you have found complicated? Your feedback is important for us to make our software better.

By the way, I would like to recommend you to watch our Introductory webinar on ProZ which helps to understand logic of TO3000 functioning: http://www.proz.com/videos/Free%20webinar%20week%20videos/1285

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which edition of Translation Office 3000 should I get?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »