Akije  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:13
Member (2015)
German to Japanese
+ ...
Sep 8, 2017

Hi all,

I work in a customer service department as a language coordinator (translator).

I respond the mails, questions from client in an another language and I translate also the company documents, website etc.

I personally have Trados 2017 on my PC but I normally use the company computer that doesn't have any CAT Tools.

What kind of system solutions (CAT Tool or an another program) would you recommend me to work efficient in such a depa
... See more
Hi all,

I work in a customer service department as a language coordinator (translator).

I respond the mails, questions from client in an another language and I translate also the company documents, website etc.

I personally have Trados 2017 on my PC but I normally use the company computer that doesn't have any CAT Tools.

What kind of system solutions (CAT Tool or an another program) would you recommend me to work efficient in such a department?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Akije
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
The easy reply Sep 8, 2017

You know Trados, you use Trados, it makes sense that your company buy you a Trados license, together with a bit of intermediate or advanced training if needed.

Philippe

Akije
Akije  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
German to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your advice Sep 9, 2017

Thanks Philippe, for your prompt answer.

Do you have some ideas how I can utilize Trados together with Outlook or with an another server based Mail program?

Best regards,
Akije

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
How about CafeTran's Clipboard workflow? Sep 9, 2017

Akije wrote:

Do you have some ideas how I can utilize Trados together with Outlook or with an another server based Mail program?

Not sure about Trados, but you can use CafeTran's Clipboard workflow for this:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/6000058167

Akije
Akije  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
German to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Monolingual Sep 22, 2017

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply...

Could you tell me what are benefits of CafeTrans compared with Trados?

I'm considering that Google Translator Toolkit could be also a solution as it is a free software.

Actually, I'd like to find also a solution for the monolingual correspondences (e.g. email writing without source text).
Currently I'm saving all texts in a word file and using the search function of Word.

Best regards,<
... See more

I'm considering that Google Translator Toolkit could be also a solution as it is a free software.

Actually, I'd like to find also a solution for the monolingual correspondences (e.g. email writing without source text).
Currently I'm saving all texts in a word file and using the search function of Word.

Best regards,
Akije
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
The many benefits of CafeTran – the CAT tool that doesn't need an 's' Sep 22, 2017

Akije wrote:

Best regards,
Akije

Well, in this regard; the clipboard workflow. Just put any text that you want to translate on the system clipboard and translate it.

For your monolingual stuff, you might want to have a look at MindReader: https://www.star-group.net/en/products/e-mail-assistance.html

Akije
Akije  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
German to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 3, 2017

Thanks for your reply!

"MindReader" seems to me the best solution.

About CafeTran, I have to try the "clipboard" function.

I'm very thankful for your advice.

Best regards,
Akira

mc1529
mc1529
United States
Translation software for customer service department Sep 11, 2019

Hi Akije,

The best translation solution for your customer service department is ultimately going to depend on your company's own nuances / needs. However, this article explains the most commonly beneficial capabilities (supposedly) to look for in customer support translation software: <
... See more
Hi Akije,

The best translation solution for your customer service department is ultimately going to depend on your company's own nuances / needs. However, this article explains the most commonly beneficial capabilities (supposedly) to look for in customer support translation software: https://www.pairaphrase.com/best-translation-software-customer-support-departments/ ...

...and then the company who authored the post recommends their own software because they say it meets those needs.

Hope this helps, even if just to narrow down what functionality to look for.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software / CAT Tool solution for customer service department

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »