proofreading word MACRO that compars two documents and finds missing numbers or number errors
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 19:18
Apr 4, 2018

Hello,

I would like to find or create a macro that compare source and target document and let you know if any number is missing or is incorrect.

I would appreciate any ideas or guidance how to do that!

Company where I work does not allow any external software for confidence reasons, so creating a macro seems to be the only option.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:48 GMT]
... See more
Hello,

I would like to find or create a macro that compare source and target document and let you know if any number is missing or is incorrect.

I would appreciate any ideas or guidance how to do that!

Company where I work does not allow any external software for confidence reasons, so creating a macro seems to be the only option.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:47 GMT]

Collapse

Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
Local time: 20:18
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
AceProof Translation Quality Assurance Software Apr 4, 2018

You are welcome to try AceProof Translation Quality Assurance Software.

It's been released last month and does 34 checks in 5 groups of errors.

Numbers actually being one of the group!

If you miss something, feel free to write to support.

[Edited at 2018-04-04 10:13 GMT]

Doreen Schoon-Hammermann
Doreen Schoon-Hammermann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:18
English to German
+ ...
Try Apsic Xbench Apr 5, 2018

Hi Lenart,

I highly recommend Apsic Xbench: https://www.xbench.net. It supports a lot of different input formats and is customizable using regular expressions, which is very useful for implementing customer specific preferences.

There is al
... See more
Hi Lenart,

I highly recommend Apsic Xbench: https://www.xbench.net. It supports a lot of different input formats and is customizable using regular expressions, which is very useful for implementing customer specific preferences.

There is also a free to use version: ApSIC Xbench 2.9, https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download.
But I definitely recommend buying 3.0 as it has a lot of additional features.

Best,
Doreen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proofreading word MACRO that compars two documents and finds missing numbers or number errors

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »