Antidote 10 users
Thread poster: Gregory Lassale
Gregory Lassale
Gregory Lassale  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:33
English to French
Mar 29, 2019

Has anyone noticed problems with Antidote recently?

I use it with Apple Pages and I'm experiencing constant major slowdowns and crashes. Antidote also sometimes replaces text with a random string of letters (only inside Antidote, the text isn't affected in Pages, thankfully). Things get back to normal if I click on the Pages window and then back on Antidote. This morning, I also got error messagessaying Antidote couldn't proceed with the correction because it couldn't find the corre
... See more
Has anyone noticed problems with Antidote recently?

I use it with Apple Pages and I'm experiencing constant major slowdowns and crashes. Antidote also sometimes replaces text with a random string of letters (only inside Antidote, the text isn't affected in Pages, thankfully). Things get back to normal if I click on the Pages window and then back on Antidote. This morning, I also got error messagessaying Antidote couldn't proceed with the correction because it couldn't find the correct location in the text (I had been working on the text for a while already). I really like Antidote which has become an essential part of my workflow, but those bugs are starting to affect my output and productivity. I did email Druid for assistance and am waiting to hear back. Both my Macs have a lot of Ram (32 and 16 gb), so I don't think think that's a power issue on the hardware side. Just wondering if others have been experiencing similar issues.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Antidote 10 Mar 30, 2019

Hello Gregory,

On the few occasions I have been in contact with Druide’s support, I have found them to be very proficient and helpful (going as far send me a Linux script to fix the issue at hand). I hope you will have the same experience.

I do not work on a Mac so I can’t comment on the issues you mention, except for this one:

This morning, I also got error messages saying Antidote couldn’t proceed with the correction because it couldn’t find the correct location in the text (I had been working on the text for a while already

This has occurred a few times in the past, in LibreOffice. Generally, closing and reopening the edited document is enough to fix the issue. This may occur when you edit the document in your editor with the corrector open (this is just a hypothesis).

Jean

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Antidote 10 users

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »