PDF software to make comments in a batch (for repetitive text)
Thread poster: Peggy Lin
Peggy Lin
Peggy Lin  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:10
Chinese to English
+ ...
May 31, 2019

Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone knows how to add comments to certain text in a batch action. I am working on a manual in PDF format, but the client decided to change a few words. I know how to select the text and make comments, and I also know I can copy/paste the comment. The problem is that these words have thousands of repetitions across hundreds of pages. It is inefficient to label the specific word and make comments. I was wondering if there's any PDF tool that can make comments in a ... See more
Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone knows how to add comments to certain text in a batch action. I am working on a manual in PDF format, but the client decided to change a few words. I know how to select the text and make comments, and I also know I can copy/paste the comment. The problem is that these words have thousands of repetitions across hundreds of pages. It is inefficient to label the specific word and make comments. I was wondering if there's any PDF tool that can make comments in a single action. The PDF contains many graphics and layout, so it is not possible to replace the text in its original format and convert to PDF. This is why I was asked to check the PDF and make comments, page by page. Please help! Thanks in advance.Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:10
Polish to English
+ ...
the client decided to change a few words May 31, 2019

"the client decided to change a few words."..."The problem is that these words have thousands of repetitions across hundreds of pages. It is inefficient to label the specific word and make comments."

I may be missing something... but do you need to add comment for each instance of such words? I'd only give my comment for the first instance of each word in question, and write someting like:": "Yellow" was replaced with "green" in all 1234 instances ", etc.
... See more
"the client decided to change a few words."..."The problem is that these words have thousands of repetitions across hundreds of pages. It is inefficient to label the specific word and make comments."

I may be missing something... but do you need to add comment for each instance of such words? I'd only give my comment for the first instance of each word in question, and write someting like:": "Yellow" was replaced with "green" in all 1234 instances ", etc.

You can also write a note to the client and include the same remark/s for each word.
Collapse

Endre Both

fatimazahra hakkou
fatimazahra hakkou  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 20:10
English to French
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC May 31, 2019

Try to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it contains a lot of features.
Hope that helps

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:10
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
If you own full version of Acrobat... May 31, 2019

...check these instructions:
http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2010/04/searching-and-marking-multiple-words-in-a-pdf/

Peggy Lin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF software to make comments in a batch (for repetitive text)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »