Actobat reader does not show print option
Thread poster: salman
salman
salman
Local time: 20:15
English to Japanese
Jul 18, 2002

I have a problem with a site. It gives a vocabulary list link but when I click it, it takes me to Acrobat reader. Now, all the functions have been disabled in this screen. Print, save, anything you name, it is not there. It just functions to go to next page or previous page.

But I badly want to take print out of it.

any help??

thank you so much in advance.

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:45
German to English
Locked Jul 18, 2002

These functions have probably been locked by the author or publisher of the document. I have received pdf documents from clients which I could neither print nor \"save as\". I had to get in touch and ask for a printable or \"saveable\" copy. Nothing you can do if the author doesn\'t want you to print it.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Salman, Jul 18, 2002

could you please provide a link to that site?

tongue tied
tongue tied
Local time: 15:45
English
Locked PDF Jul 18, 2002

This is a long/slow work around, but you can hit \'print scrn\' on your kb, then paste into a paint package and print from there. The down side is you would have to repeat this process for each screens worth of text you need to print.

Restituta Castiello
Restituta Castiello
English to Italian
right click Jul 18, 2002

Right click on the link that leads you to the pdf file and choose \"save object with name\". At least you should save it on your hd in this way.

Restituta

Tomasz Niedbala
Tomasz Niedbala
Poland
English to Polish
Use "Show HP Preview" Jul 19, 2002

In case you have \"HP printer\" it\'s possible to view document before pronting.

Go to: Print..

Choose your HP priner - then Properties, and in Features you can set \"HP Preview Option\"

Tomek
[addsig]

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog
English to Russian
how to print "locked" pdf anyway Jul 20, 2002

That means that author of a document protected it with a password. No password - no printing.

Anyway, it is know that Ghostscript is able to print such PDF files anyway.

Hope this helps.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog
English to Russian
how to print locked pdf anyway Jul 20, 2002

That means that author of a document protected it with a password. No password - no printing.

Anyway, it is know that Ghostscript is able to print such PDF files anyway.

Hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Actobat reader does not show print option

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »