Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Word count PowerPoint 2007
Thread poster: Lingua DK
wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 06:39
A simple, conventional method Jun 2, 2010

I convert a PPT file into PDF, then copy and paste all texts to a word file, and use word counter.

Gabriela Rodriguez
Gabriela Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 13, 2011

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

alt + f + e + p
then click on document properties - advanced properties - statistics

It works! Thanks a lot!
G

Susanna MacKenzie
Susanna MacKenzie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:39
French to English
+ ...
how reliable is the wordcount in ppt 97-2003 Jun 9, 2011

Mulyadi's suggestion did not work for me on a ppt 97-2003 document.
However, right-clicking on the icon of the closed document opens a "Properties" window and I have a wordcount in the Details tab.
In your experience, how reliable is this wordcount?
I suppose I will find out once I have finished my translation, but is there a way of telling beforehand?
Thank you all for your feedback.
Best regards,
Susanna

Mulyadi Subali wrote:
... See more
Mulyadi's suggestion did not work for me on a ppt 97-2003 document.
However, right-clicking on the icon of the closed document opens a "Properties" window and I have a wordcount in the Details tab.
In your experience, how reliable is this wordcount?
I suppose I will find out once I have finished my translation, but is there a way of telling beforehand?
Thank you all for your feedback.
Best regards,
Susanna

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

alt + f + e + p
then click on document properties - advanced properties - statistics [/quote]

It works! Thanks a lot!
G [/quote]
Collapse

Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 11:39
Member (2003)
German to English
...what about Trados analysis counts? Nov 4, 2011

Hi friends. Thanks to Ryan for his excellent post regarding PowerPoint word counts. I always suspected there was a huge discrepancy in the tool, but never for one moment imagined that punctuation was being included in the word counts...(!)

Until recently, I used to use the Trados analysis for my PowerPoint word counts, but I now suspect these counts are equally inaccurate.

From now on, I think I'll use PractiCount even though it takes a little longer - simply in terms
... See more
Hi friends. Thanks to Ryan for his excellent post regarding PowerPoint word counts. I always suspected there was a huge discrepancy in the tool, but never for one moment imagined that punctuation was being included in the word counts...(!)

Until recently, I used to use the Trados analysis for my PowerPoint word counts, but I now suspect these counts are equally inaccurate.

From now on, I think I'll use PractiCount even though it takes a little longer - simply in terms of workflow.

Can anyone confirm, however, that the Trados analyses are indeed inaccurate or do they tend to be ok??

Thanx
C
Collapse

Yulia Absari
Yulia Absari  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:39
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Shortcut in ppt is working Nov 12, 2011

To mas Mulyadi Subali,

Thank you so much for the shortcut! It really works!

flacawitch
flacawitch
Local time: 11:39
Create a macro Oct 31, 2012

You could create a macro that counts just words which the statistics don't do. The statistics also cound punctuation marks.

Here the code for the Macro:

count=Application.Activepresentation.Builtindocumentproperties.Item("Number of Words").value *All this is one line

Next line
Msgbox("The number of words is ") & count.

I hope this helps

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count PowerPoint 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »