Dragon 13 Home and Studio 2015 - compatible?
Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2016

I don't use DNS much but my version of 12 Premium seems to be dead in the water and I can't be bothered wasting any more time trying to find out why. As I say, I don't use it much so would rather buy the Home rather than Premium version, but it needs to be compatible with Studio. Can anyone confirm they're compatible with one another?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Compatibility Dec 19, 2016

As far as compatibility goes, Studio is among Dragon's "unsupported applications", meaning there's no full text control with recent versions of Dragon (I think this started with version 13). However, dictation still works pretty well in Studio. I've always had either the Premium or Professional versions, never Home, but looking at the differences between the versions, I think Home should work as well as Premium, with the expected reduced features from a simpler version, of course.

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Full text control Dec 20, 2016

Thank you for your reply Nora. Can I ask, however, what you mean by "full text control"? And while you're here (assuming you've ticked to follow the thread) I'd like to thank you personally as one of the beneficiaries of your very helpful advice on SDL Trados Studio -- Thank you!

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Full text control Dec 20, 2016

Thank you for your kind words!

Regarding full text control, it's a Dragon feature. See here:

http://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/enx/professionalgroup/main/Content/Dictation/about_full_text_control.htm

Don't be discouraged by this, however. If you're
... See more
Thank you for your kind words!

Regarding full text control, it's a Dragon feature. See here:

http://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/enx/professionalgroup/main/Content/Dictation/about_full_text_control.htm

Don't be discouraged by this, however. If you're willing to consider DNS Premium 13 + KnowBrainer or Dragon Professional Individual 14/15 instead of Home, you can still get close to full text control and do much more with Dragon both in Studio and other programs.

If you have some time, here's a link to a webinar where you can see what I mean:

http://www.translationzone.com/video/beyond-dictation-how-to-control-studio-by-voice-with-dragon-naturally-speaking/111200/
Collapse

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 20, 2016

Thanks for the link to the video, which I will certainly watch when I have a moment.

The main aspect of Full text control which I'd find useful is capitalising the start of each segment. The rest I can live without. So do I understand correctly that this was lost with version 13 onwards in the Home version but still exists in the Premium version?

Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:34
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any updates here? Oct 15, 2017

Hello,

I am considering which version, Home or Premium, to buy, and I am also very interested in the Full Text Control feature for Studio (and for MemoQ). I would dictate in Spanish.

Does anyone know if the latest Spanish versions of Dragon Home and/or Premium support this?

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 13 Home and Studio 2015 - compatible?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »