Diffence between QA and Conform?
Thread poster: Rosalie McFall
Rosalie McFall
Rosalie McFall
Ireland
Oct 13, 2019

Hi everyone,
I've just accepted the task of performing a QA on a show and agreed the rate.
However, when the task information arrived, it appears I'm expected to conform the show to alternative specifications.
My question, really, is am I misinterpreting the meaning of my role?
I understood a QA to be a simple check of a file to ascertain whether it adheres to certain standards and specifications. It either passes or fails, but it is not the job of the QAer to make adju
... See more
Hi everyone,
I've just accepted the task of performing a QA on a show and agreed the rate.
However, when the task information arrived, it appears I'm expected to conform the show to alternative specifications.
My question, really, is am I misinterpreting the meaning of my role?
I understood a QA to be a simple check of a file to ascertain whether it adheres to certain standards and specifications. It either passes or fails, but it is not the job of the QAer to make adjustments, especially if numerous adjustments are required.
A Conform is the process of changing a pre-existing file to conform to alternative specifications... eg reading speed, duration etc.

A QA and a Conform are two separate tasks in my opinion, however, I'm being required to perform both at the same time. Is this usual practice?
Many thanks for your help.
Rosalie.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diffence between QA and Conform?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »