Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Pablo Apr 24, 2020

Pablo Strauss wrote:
Is it possible to create a shortcut for Quick Insert > "No bold"?

I'm not sure if Trados has the concept of "no bold". I think, for Trados, text that is not bold is simply text that is not marked as "bold". To put it differently, there is no "unbold" tag. And I'm not an expert at Quick Insert, but AFAIK Quick Insert can only affect formatting by way of inserting tags.

Pablo Strauss
Pablo Strauss  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:48
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
No bold tag (Force bold off) Apr 25, 2020

Thanks Samuel,
I probablly should have mentioned that my client-provided SXDLIFFs have "tag protection" on (and I'm not supposed to turn it off), so I can't remove the "bold" tags that the pdf conversion has randomly generated.

Studio 2015 'quick insert' does have a "no bold" tag you can insert to override the bold tag (so both tags remain in the file, but the text will not appear in bold) and so far it's the only way I've found to unbold the text. Not an elegant solution to s
... See more
Thanks Samuel,
I probablly should have mentioned that my client-provided SXDLIFFs have "tag protection" on (and I'm not supposed to turn it off), so I can't remove the "bold" tags that the pdf conversion has randomly generated.

Studio 2015 'quick insert' does have a "no bold" tag you can insert to override the bold tag (so both tags remain in the file, but the text will not appear in bold) and so far it's the only way I've found to unbold the text. Not an elegant solution to say the least but... for now I'd be happy to be able to create a shortcut...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to create shortcut for quick insert > 'no bold'

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »