Keeping View an Windows settings over consequent sessions of the same project.
Thread poster: Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:35
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jul 17, 2019

Hello,
Is it possible to keep the Window/View setting of a project after restarting Transit? When I work an a large project, for which I use specific Window settings (saved under Window->Manage windows), I would like transit to load these settings automatically when I reload the project after restarting Transit. It is the same project, so it is logical that I would like to use the same Window and View settings when continuing my work on this project. Can this be done?

Thanks

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Use User Roles Jul 19, 2019

Hi,

in the bottom line of tabs, you can use "User roles" >> "Manage user roles" to save a window layout specifics with which Transit NXT is supposed to start. For longer projects, this might be worth to be changed to your current preferred layout.

HTH
Iris

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
See below Jul 22, 2019

Make your changes, then Windows > Manage windows (on the very left of the Window fonction bar) > Save.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite what I was looking for Jul 24, 2019

Iris Kleinophorst wrote:

Hi,

in the bottom line of tabs, you can use "User roles" >> "Manage user roles" to save a window layout specifics with which Transit NXT is supposed to start. For longer projects, this might be worth to be changed to your current preferred layout.

HTH
Iris

Thank you Iris for this suggestion, but it solves it partially: 1. I have to choose the user role each time I start Transit and 2. It doesn't solve the problem if I open a project from within Transit.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Geneviève Jul 24, 2019

Geneviève Granger wrote:

Make your changes, then Windows > Manage windows (on the very left of the Window fonction bar) > Save.

This is clear, Geneviève, but I wanted Transit to associate the saved window with the project, so that I will not have to select manually the window each time I open the project (relevant for large projects).

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
New role? Jul 24, 2019

I don't think it is possible to assign a window configuration to a project, but you could create a new role with defined views you could load when you work on these specific projects. Loading a role according to the current needs is then quickly done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keeping View an Windows settings over consequent sessions of the same project.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »