Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:18
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 6, 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are currently using QuickBoks but they are getting extremely expensive (AUD 35 per month), are there any better and cheaper options? We will need a software which can handle several currencies because both me and my husband have customers from all over the world. We would rather prefer buying it rather than paying per month if possible.

Thank you very much for your ideas!

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

QBO through your Accountant Dec 6, 2019

I also use Quickbooks Online (QBO) because of its great multicurrency support. Initially I agreed that AUD 35/month was expensive.
Consulting with my tax accountant, I found that I could pay for the subscription through my tax accountant for 50% ($17.50/month).
I suggest you talk to your tax accountant about this.

Vanda Nissen

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Another option - NCH Express Accounts Dec 6, 2019

If you prefer buying the software outright, you may look into Express Accounts from NCH Software. It handles multi currency - https://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/kb/1145.html and is very customisable although it’s nowhere near as elegant and intuitive as some of the online offerings.

I am not sure how many clients you have or how often you invoice them, you may also
... See more
If you prefer buying the software outright, you may look into Express Accounts from NCH Software. It handles multi currency - https://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/kb/1145.html and is very customisable although it’s nowhere near as elegant and intuitive as some of the online offerings.

I am not sure how many clients you have or how often you invoice them, you may also consider creating your own book keeping workbook (like the old eTax) withMicrosoft Excel. A combination of List and PivotTable functions can do most accounting and tax tasks. It costs you virtually nothing.
Collapse

Vanda Nissen

Vanda Nissen
Australia
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you:) Dec 6, 2019

@Dylan, thank you very much for sharing your experience. Since my husband is an accountant, we do not engage tax accountants, however it is interesting to know that Quickbooks has offers. I will try to contact them.

@QuQi, NCH looks quite promising - we will certainly look into it! Thank you for sharing.

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:18
Dutch to English
LSP.expert Dec 6, 2019

You could try LSP.expert, which handles multiple currencies and costs around AUD 20/month. Very easy to learn to use too.

Cheers,

Olly

Vanda Nissen

Vanda Nissen
Australia
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 6, 2019

Thank you, Olly! Looks good - simple interface, fair price. I will certainly consider it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accounting software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »