No, why ?

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:31
Dutch to English
+ ...
Win7 Sep 29, 2016

Yes, I'm still on Win7 and have no desire to change. I just had my hard drive replaced, so I'm good to go for the next few years.

[Edited at 2016-09-29 22:23 GMT]

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:31
English to Russian
+ ...
If it is OK, don`t touch it. Sep 29, 2016

Windows 7 here as well.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:31
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Not so surprising Sep 29, 2016

Windows graph

Windows XP was good and stayed ahead of Vista all the way. Vista was horrible. Windows 7 is good so is still quite widely used. Windows 8 was poor and didn't even get as far as Vista. Windows 10 is good, not climbing all that rapidly but give it time.

I still have Windows 7 and will keep it as long as I can.

[Edited at 2016-09-29 15:35 GMT]

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wait 'n' see Sep 29, 2016

It will be interesting – and far more enlightening - to re-visit this graph in a year from now. There has been a clear correlation between the fairly steep increase in Win 10 and the falls in both Win 7 and Win 8/8.1, which was almost entirely due to the 12-month free up?grade offer from M$. That offer has now ended, and I would expect to see the rise in Win 10 penetration become much less steep in the months ahead – and probably until Win 7 reaches its pre-scheduled (and no doubt technica... See more
It will be interesting – and far more enlightening - to re-visit this graph in a year from now. There has been a clear correlation between the fairly steep increase in Win 10 and the falls in both Win 7 and Win 8/8.1, which was almost entirely due to the 12-month free up?grade offer from M$. That offer has now ended, and I would expect to see the rise in Win 10 penetration become much less steep in the months ahead – and probably until Win 7 reaches its pre-scheduled (and no doubt technically premature) "end of life". I have a hunch that Win 7 will continue to outstrip Win 10 for at least the next 2 years.

To answer the question: "Still on Windows 7?" Nope – I’m one of the 5.8% who remain happy with XP - and with all the "old" (but still perfectly functional) hardware (including my model railway ) that depends on XP running on PCs and laptops that have serial ports.
Collapse

David Hayes
David Hayes  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:31
French to English
Yes Sep 29, 2016

I'm back with Windows 7 (after a disastrous experience of upgrading to Windows 10 and finding it entirely unsatisfactory). I'll keep Windows 7 for as long as the upgrades last.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Do CAT tool vendors still support Windows 7 fully? Sep 29, 2016

My main reason to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and then to Windows 8.1, and recently to Windows 10 (and back to 8.1) was my assumption that CAT tool vendors focus on the latest incarnation of Windows.

So my question is: Do CAT tool vendors still support Windows 7 fully?

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes and no problems Sep 29, 2016

I am still on 7 and perfectly happy. I hear Win 10 is ok, but relocating is always a pain and I did not want to do it just because of a freebie. I will switch when I will need to change my HW.

No problem whatsoever with my recently acquired mQ 2015 pro licence and my earlier Studio 2014.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes Sep 29, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:
Are you still on Windows 7 too?

Yes. I upgraded to Windows 10, tried it for 6 months, then downgraded to Windows 8 for a month, and then upgraded back to Windows 7 again. It's not as good as Windows XP, but you can't use Windows XP these days.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I was happily working with W7 Sep 29, 2016

Then I got caught by that vicious ploy of theirs to get you to switch to W10. I'd seriously like to sue them for that and the stress it induced, even though I'm happy with W10.

OTOH, I bought a laptop using W8 and was only too happy to accept their offer of a free upgrade.

[Edited at 2016-09-29 19:14 GMT]

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:31
Chinese to English
+ ...
Happy with 10 Sep 30, 2016

Then again I ran into partition space problems when upgrading and had to solve it myself, something that the average user is probably not able to do.

I'm generally a lot happier with Win10 than Win8, but I still replace the start menu, and I can't say I'm happy about the direction that MS is taking with managing settings.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes! Sep 30, 2016

My main working machine, which was bought some 2 years ago, came with Windows 7. It was recommended to me by the makers, who are a small, but very apt PC company, and it works beautifully, with very intense work most of the day (and night, as it is dedicated to distributed computing when I am not using it).

Alison Sabedoria (X)
Alison Sabedoria (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Oh, yes! Sep 30, 2016

W7 works well with the two compatible laptops I use, so I have no intention of changing until one of them dies.

Having experienced the underhand tactics used by Microsoft to "encourage" me to upgrade to W10, and narrowly missed being caught out by them, when I do need to choose a new OS, I shall look elsewhere.

Sheila, you are not alone. Closing the W10 offer box with the "X" was effectively a go-ahead, though no-one was told that. Anyone who has been tricked into the
... See more
W7 works well with the two compatible laptops I use, so I have no intention of changing until one of them dies.

Having experienced the underhand tactics used by Microsoft to "encourage" me to upgrade to W10, and narrowly missed being caught out by them, when I do need to choose a new OS, I shall look elsewhere.

Sheila, you are not alone. Closing the W10 offer box with the "X" was effectively a go-ahead, though no-one was told that. Anyone who has been tricked into the W10 free upgrade may be interested to know that redress might just be possible (some interesting points emerge in the comments): http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/09/27/windows_10_small_claims_settlement/
Collapse

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dell Sep 30, 2016

Businesses still prefer W7 and Dell still ships its business machines with W7 (with W10 as an option).

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Still on Windows 7?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »