Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:33
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 23, 2017

I have just installed WordFAst Pro 5 demo on my Windows 10 but it is not starting. I tried to repair the installation, uninstall it and reinstall it but I can only go as far as the splash screen. It appears for approx 10 seconds then disappears and nothing happens. I have WF PRO 3 installed on the same machine but don't think this is the issue. Any idea/pointers?

John Hancock
John Hancock  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 12:33
Chinese to English
Mac too Dec 12, 2017

I am having the same problem on my Mac running Sierra with WFP 5.1.1. It eventually starts up, but not until I have tried several times.

[Edited at 2017-12-12 01:17 GMT]

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 22:33
Contact me or Hotline Dec 12, 2017

Hi Roberto and Jack,

Can you contact me at [email protected] or raise a hotline query from wordfast.net to find a solution on what's going on with startup issues of WFP 5.

Thank you,

John

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:33
English to German
+ ...
Same problem here Jan 9, 2018

John Daniel wrote:

Hi Roberto and Jack,

Can you contact me at [email protected] or raise a hotline query from wordfast.net to find a solution on what's going on with startup issues of WFP 5.

Thank you,

John

I have the same problem on my Mac.

Rickard L.
Rickard L.
Sweden
English to Swedish
Issue persists May 18, 2018

I concur. Updated W10 here. WF5 currently unusable.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Version? May 18, 2018

Rickard L. wrote:

I concur. Updated W10 here. WF5 currently unusable.

Dear Rickard,

What version do you have installed? If you don't have 5.4.3 running, can you download from the website, install and report back? Also, please submit to the hotline by logging into wordfast.net.

Thanks!

John

julietacb
julietacb
Local time: 01:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem! Dec 5, 2018

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have WF Pro 5 and it won't open. I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, updating... everything, and it does not open. I have a paid license and work to do. Please help!

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 22:33
This is resolved Dec 6, 2018

The issue was Windows Defender Firewall was blocking connection to Wordfast webserver. Fix is to add Wordfast to Windows Defender Firewall exclusions list.

Thank you,

John

julietacb wrote:

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have WF Pro 5 and it won't open. I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, updating... everything, and it does not open. I have a paid license and work to do. Please help!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
How to add to exclusion list… Dec 6, 2018

https://winaero.com/blog/exclusions-windows-defender-windows-10/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast PRO 5 not starting on Windows 10

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »