Wordfast 3 - Glossary import getting stuck
Thread poster: momolja (X)
momolja (X)
momolja (X)
United Kingdom
Aug 27, 2019

Wf3 has just thrown a new issue at me - when I try and import a new glossary (which I do all the time for each new job), the process gets stuck at the "importing glossary" stage - the blue bar just keeps running and running and it never actually gets there. The only way to get out of it is to Ctrl+Alt+Del and close Wordfast that way, and then reopen it - the glossary won't be there, no import has actually happened.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

And, on a wider note, is Wf
... See more
Wf3 has just thrown a new issue at me - when I try and import a new glossary (which I do all the time for each new job), the process gets stuck at the "importing glossary" stage - the blue bar just keeps running and running and it never actually gets there. The only way to get out of it is to Ctrl+Alt+Del and close Wordfast that way, and then reopen it - the glossary won't be there, no import has actually happened.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

And, on a wider note, is Wf3 just finally on its way out now (I'm clinging to it for dear life as I've never managed to make Wf5 work with my language combinations)?

Any advice and feedback very gratefully received.
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:59
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
WF3 glossary Aug 31, 2019

I never had that problem with the WF3 glossary function. It sounds like your glossary might be corrupted somehow.

I didn't know WF3 (Pro) was on its way out. I've had compatibility issues with memories made in WF5. I prefer to continue using WF3 if at all possible.

momolja (X)

momolja (X)
momolja (X)
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
I hope it's not! Sep 3, 2019

Edward Potter wrote:

I never had that problem with the WF3 glossary function. It sounds like your glossary might be corrupted somehow.

I didn't know WF3 (Pro) was on its way out. I've had compatibility issues with memories made in WF5. I prefer to continue using WF3 if at all possible.

Just to clarify, I haven't heard anything about Wf3 being on its way out - I am (as I imagine you are) very much hoping they'll keep supporting it, as I've also had TM issues in Wf5 and prefer Wf3 in general.

Thanks for the feedback re the glossary. A day later, my computer died on me, so perhaps the problem was elsewhere.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 3 - Glossary import getting stuck

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »