Wordfast/Google API
Thread poster: Nana Miziara
Nana Miziara
Nana Miziara  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:07
English to Portuguese
Sep 27, 2019

Hi, after following all the steps to get the API on Google Cloud, the site sends me a file to download a private key as JSON. My computer cannot open this file. It says it does not have support or the file has been corrupted.
How should I proceed?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:07
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Nana Sep 28, 2019

Nana Miziara wrote:
After following all the steps to get the API on Google Cloud...

We need to check if you have followed the correct steps. Which steps did you follow? I mean, where are the steps written that you have followed?

The steps for getting the API key is the same for most CAT tools, so if the Wordfast instructions don't work, you can also google for e.g. the Trados instructions, CafeTran instructions, MemoQ instructions, OmeagT instructions, etc, and maybe one of them will work. I found that most of their instructions are not useful or helpful, or are outdated.

However, the instructions by MemSource are correct except step 6 and 7:
https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003461051-Google-Translate-API-Key
At step 6, click "+Create Credentials" and then select API key. Step 7 only comes up if you click the option to restrict the key, but since you're going to accept the default restrictions anyway, you can just skip to step 8 (which actually happens automatically).

[Edited at 2019-09-28 07:59 GMT]

Nana Miziara

Nana Miziara
Nana Miziara  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:07
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback Oct 1, 2019

It worked perfectly!! Thanks a lot!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast/Google API

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »