Drop-down TM content window
Thread poster: Kaig
Kaig
Kaig
Poland
Local time: 19:34
Oct 7, 2019

Hi,
when I translate a segment, below my target segment there appears a window with all matching TM segments (beginning with TM100). I must click the segment for it to disapper. Regardless, the best match is inserted in the target segment, so it's repeated. I find it distracting. Can it be disabled?
Thanks for your help!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Katarzyna Oct 7, 2019

Katarzyna Iwańska wrote:
When I translate a segment, below my target segment there appears a window with all matching TM segments (beginning with TM100).

This sounds like Wordfast Classic... is that right? Particularly version 7.xx onwards has a feature similar to what you describe. WFC 7+ is far less stable and every release is essentially a beta, so you may have to tinker with the settings or wait for the next version to see if the problem still occurs. I think it has to do with autocomplete, so try tinkering with the autocomplete settings in the WFC control panel.

For how long have you been using WFC? If you've used a previous version, can you remember which version was your previous version?

Kaig
Kaig
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
WFC v.6.44 Oct 7, 2019

Hi,
Indeed, it is Word Fast Classic v.6.44 and I've been using it since forever. I've checked every setting I could think of, even in BP. Probably I don't know how it's called properly.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:34
English to French
+ ...
In menu Oct 7, 2019

Have you tried to uncheck "Setup | AS | Paste top-match into target"?

That should do it.

Kaig
Kaig
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Oct 7, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't work, though. The box is deactivated and I still get the drop-down window.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:34
English to French
+ ...
Drop-down window and pasting top-rated match are different features Oct 7, 2019

Try to uncheck "Setup | AS | Segments from Translation Memory" (and sub-segments)

If that does not work, there may be one Pandora's Box setting to change, but if you don't use PB, unchecking "Setup | PB | Enable PB" should do it, if it is enabled.

Kaig

Kaig
Kaig
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Oct 7, 2019

That did it! Thanks a lot! Much better now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Drop-down TM content window

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »