Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 18:26
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 15, 2019

Hello experts,

I have the licensed version of Wordfast Pro (3.4.10). I have hundreds of txml files translated by me in the past years. I want to make a consolidated translation memory from these files.

Does a method exist to do so? Is there a software or application which may help in this respect?

Thanks in anticipation for your help and guidance.

Regards,

Chopra

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Clean up? Dec 15, 2019

chopra_2002 wrote:
I have the licensed version of Wordfast Pro (3.4.10). I have hundreds of TXML files translated by me in the past years. I want to make a consolidated translation memory from these files.

Hmm... in WFP3, go to the "PM Perspective" tab (the 4th icon on the left, that looks like an ice cream scoop), then go to Cleanup tab, drag and drop your TXML files (or copies of them!), tick "Update TM" and select which TM to update. Then strap in, close your eyes, and click the Cleanup button.

Rajan Chopra

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 18:26
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Dec 18, 2019

for explaining it in detail. It works. I am indebted to you.

Regards,

Chopra

Samuel Murray wrote:

chopra_2002 wrote:
I have the licensed version of Wordfast Pro (3.4.10). I have hundreds of TXML files translated by me in the past years. I want to make a consolidated translation memory from these files.

Hmm... in WFP3, go to the "PM Perspective" tab (the 4th icon on the left, that looks like an ice cream scoop), then go to Cleanup tab, drag and drop your TXML files (or copies of them!), tick "Update TM" and select which TM to update. Then strap in, close your eyes, and click the Cleanup button.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make a consolidated TM from multiple txml files in Wordfast Pro

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »