Wordfast Pro 5 - Can I find & replace text in Translation Memory?
Thread poster: David Sawada
David Sawada
David Sawada
Local time: 21:30
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
Sep 26, 2020

I am using Wordfast Pro 5
I am able to Find/Replace text in Translation Units of documents being translated.
But not able to Find & Replace the Translation Units of TM (Translation Memory).
Can somebody help?
David

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@David Sep 26, 2020

David Sawada wrote:
But not able to Find & Replace the Translation Units of TM.

It is my understanding that this is not possible in WFP5. You have to export a TM to TMX, then edit it in a TMX editor (not supplied by the Wordfast company) and then import it again into the TM. In case you don't know, to edit a TM in WFP5 you have to create a dummy project and then add that TM to the project, and then select the option "open" (not "edit") the TM. You can filter segments based on a search term, but you have to click the segments individually and edit them individually -- you can't tell WFP5 to e.g. replace all instances of "color" with "colour" in the TM.

David Sawada

David Sawada
David Sawada
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Samuel! Sep 26, 2020

Thank you Samuel for the information and hints.
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 - Can I find & replace text in Translation Memory?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »