Thread poster: Bert Plourde
Bert Plourde
Bert Plourde
Thailand
Local time: 18:56
French to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2020

Is there a way to do this? Many of the english texts I work on are poorly written which not only results in poor translation but I also have to submit the English updated version as well as the translation. Typically, I look at a Source segment and change it then work on the translation.

I looked for a setting in WF that would allow me to do so but did not find anything.

Never mind... Found it. CTRL + ALT + K

[Edited at 2020-09-29 04:19 GMT]

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:56
English to French
+ ...
Various ways Sep 30, 2020

Bert Plourde wrote:

Is there a way to do this? Many of the english texts I work on are poorly written which not only results in poor translation but I also have to submit the English updated version as well as the translation. Typically, I look at a Source segment and change it then work on the translation.

I looked for a setting in WF that would allow me to do so but did not find anything.

Never mind... Found it. CTRL + ALT + K

[Edited at 2020-09-29 04:19 GMT]

Exactly.
Besides this shortcut, this button can be found in the "Edit" tab. You can also add it to the segment toolbar.
The "+" and "-" buttons in the "Translation" tab allow to expand or shrink source segments, very useful.

My bests

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing Source Segment in WF Anywhere

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »