"Connection problem" menu pops up again and again and again...
Thread poster: Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Local time: 06:56
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2014

...and again and again and again. What happens is, some times a segment doesn't get saved for a few seconds to a couple of minutes, and this prompts this "helpful, informing" message to arrive. The problem is, it keeps popping up again and again after I escape it around once every 1-3 seconds until the segment is uploaded. My internet line isn't great, it's a pocket wifi with HSPA+ coverage, but it's more than good enough to stream 128 kbps music with no glitches for example, with only 0,3-0,5 s... See more
...and again and again and again. What happens is, some times a segment doesn't get saved for a few seconds to a couple of minutes, and this prompts this "helpful, informing" message to arrive. The problem is, it keeps popping up again and again after I escape it around once every 1-3 seconds until the segment is uploaded. My internet line isn't great, it's a pocket wifi with HSPA+ coverage, but it's more than good enough to stream 128 kbps music with no glitches for example, with only 0,3-0,5 seconds for full buffering of it in winamp.

The problem isn't really the fact the some segments take too much time long to load, the problem is the error message that prevents you from doing much except pressing escape to get rid of it, since you can't type once the message is there. It even has a backlog, so if all ends well, the segment is loaded and things are fine, it keeps on popping up 10-20-40 times or more even after the problem is solved, so it's often better to log in and out. Naturally, this creates a lot of extra work. Any way I can remedy this except get faster Internet?

[Edited at 2014-04-28 14:30 GMT]
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:56
RE: "Connection problem" menu pops up again and again and again... Apr 28, 2014

Dear Halvor,

First of all, I would like to suggest using some other Internet browser, and check if the problem still persists . If yes, please perform the following tests:

1. Go to http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ and download appropriate archive.
2. Unpack WinMTR.zip
3. Run WinMtr.exe
4. Type "translation.servers.lingo24.com" in "Host" field (without quot
... See more
Dear Halvor,

First of all, I would like to suggest using some other Internet browser, and check if the problem still persists . If yes, please perform the following tests:

1. Go to http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ and download appropriate archive.
2. Unpack WinMTR.zip
3. Run WinMtr.exe
4. Type "translation.servers.lingo24.com" in "Host" field (without quotation marks)
5. Click Start button
6. Wait 2 minutes
7. Click "Copy Text co clipboard"
8. Paste it to a mail message and send it to XTM support ([email protected])

After analyzing this report, we will be able to determine, if the problems are caused by the Network.

Thank you in advance, and kind regards,
XTM Support Team
Collapse

Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Apr 28, 2014

You really are a top notch support team, one of the best reasons to use XTM actually. Thanks guys!

Lida Garcia
Lida Garcia  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Need help... Oct 4, 2015

Hi Halvor,

Did you remember what the support team told you regarding this problem. I have the same problem and I have sent several messages to the support e-mail without luck.
I can't work with all these pops up messages over and over again
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Lida

Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hola Lida! Oct 4, 2015

The problem seems to be jajaja-related to Internet speed and XTM programming. Basically it keeps cropping up on slow Internet lines without really having a need for it to do so. But you can try to circumvent the problem by not submitting the lines until the others are already registered, so you're not developing a backlog of entries waiting for processing. That seems to decrease it. But if the line is slow enough, you just need to upgrade/change the line.

Lida Garcia
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
Re: Hola Lida! Oct 4, 2015

Thank you, Halvor.
Hmmm...my Internet is fast. I see movies without any problem.
These are the results I have just got:
Download speed: 10.22 Mbps
Upload speed: 1.25 Mbps
Maybe upload speed is low?
I can't work with all those pop-ups

Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upload speed good Oct 4, 2015

Your upload speed is definitely sufficient. I think it's better to wait for XTM support, they're fast and very skilled and accurate in my experience, and they also reply to XTM threads on this forum.

Lida Garcia
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Oct 5, 2015

Thank you, Halvor.
I have sent at least 5 e-mails requesting for support since yesterday. Maybe support people doesn't work on weekends
Thanks again for your help!

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:56
connection problem Oct 8, 2015

Dear Lida,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry that you were having connection problems. We have analyzed the Winmtr logs and found that you were losing packets at your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This can happen occasionally if there is an issue at your ISP end. Usually it is temporary and the best solution normally is to reset your connection and your router.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you want further details.

Aleksandra Mak
XTM S
... See more
Dear Lida,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry that you were having connection problems. We have analyzed the Winmtr logs and found that you were losing packets at your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This can happen occasionally if there is an issue at your ISP end. Usually it is temporary and the best solution normally is to reset your connection and your router.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you want further details.

Aleksandra Mak
XTM Support
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

"Connection problem" menu pops up again and again and again...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »