| Richard Green - The Nordic Word |
A competent and dedicated translator
London, England, United Kingdom
Lokal tid: 00:17 BST (GMT+1)
: English (Variant: British)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|34 positive reviews|
| || |
The Nordic Word
The Nordic Word is a specialist translation services provider dedicated to the translation of Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish into English.
We offer a variety of professional and high-quality translation and localisation services from competent and experienced translators. Our services include:
- Project management
- Language services
- Subtitling and transcription services
Please browse through our website to find out more about who we are, the solutions we can offer, as well as our expertise: www.thenordicword.com
You can also follow us on facebook at:
Mission Statement: To provide high quality and affordable translations from the Nordic languages into English, characterised by insight and passion for the Nordic region.
Industries / markets / subject areas
Advertising (marketing), Finance / Banking / Accounting, Higher Education, Hospitality, Marketing/Communications, Advertising (media), Aerospace, Agriculture, Art/literary, Business products, Energy, Entertainment, Environmental, Internet/E-commerce, Journalism, Law/Legal, Management, Real estate, Telecommunications, Tourism, Training/Education.
Job / document types
Articles, Books, Brochures, Business cards, Catalogs, Certificates, Contracts and agreements, Corporate letters, Economic/Trade materials, Educational records/documents, Financial statements, Flyers, Help files, Immigration documents, Labels/Packaging, Letters/Emails, Logo, Manuals, Manuals (employee), Manuals (non-technical), Marketing, Marketing (advertisements), Newsletters, Presentations, Surveys, User guides.
Document translation, Editing, Glossary/Terminology, Language training, Local guides, Project Management, Proofreading, Subtitling, Transcriptions, Translation.
Danish, English, Faroese, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish. Is willing to work with other languages upon request.
A competent and dedicated translator
5-9 languages supported
Established in 2009
Less than 3 employees
Thousands of words per day
Process / workflow description
Our clients are welcome to contact us by phone: 0044 208 534 5063 or email: [email protected]
to find out how we can assist them in their translation project. For larger assignments that demand extra discussion, we also have access to offices located in central London where we can meet to analyse our clients' needs.
When quoting, we like to get an overall picture of the our clients' needs, such as budget, turnaround time, and urgency. We usually ask to see the document first to get an idea of the field, the length, and any potential difficulties that may arise, and from this we can select which of our highly competent translators would be best suited to the task.
Following on from the confirmation and delivery of the source text from the client, this is analysed for any formatting errors, and if needed in the case of some .pdf files, converted into a more translatable format such as .doc or .docx. This file, or package of files, will then be sent to the translator as well as any relevant terminology lists, reference material, or translation memory files that may be useful for completing the assignment so as to speed up the turnaround time and ensure consistency throughout the document, and with other similar documents for the same client.
Once the completed translation has been delivered back to us, it is thoroughly proofread, revised, and edited by a second competent translator, and is once again checked for errors prior to delivery. If all is in order, the completed text is delivered back to the client along with a translation report if requested.
Post-delivery, we ensure that we are always on-hand to answer any queries that the client may have pertaining to the final translation.
There are a number of ways in which we ensure quality and consistency in our translations:
1) Firstly, we believe in open dialogue between the project manager, the translator and the proofreader. Working in translation can get pretty dull when you're just sitting at a computer and never get to hear a human voice, so where possible, it's always nice to pick up the phone and speak to people directly. This ensures that we get to know our translators and proofreaders exceptionally well, and that we know what their individual strengths are. Similarly, those who work for us get to know the ethos of our company and can tailor their working practices to meet our needs. Ultimately, this method results in that we all 'sing from the same hymn sheet' as we say in English; problems are quickly resolved and questions are immediately answered.
2) We encourage those who work for us to apply for membership in a recognised body of translators. This demonstrates added commitment to the profession in that the application process usually involves agreeing to a code of conduct which in turn helps to enhance the quality of our products.
3) We use Computer Aided Translation (CAT) software for many of our assignments. For our regular clients, this means that we can ensure consistency in terminology not only in the individual document, but between documents of similar subjects. In time, this means that we can deliver our finished translations more and more quickly without compromising on quality.
4) All of our translations undergo a thorough proofread, edit and revision to iron out any small errors that our translators may have missed. This might include, for example, ensuring that words are spelt according to the rules of British English, rather than American English if the client has specified as such, as well as ensuring that there is consistency in terminology. This all assists in allowing us to deliver translations of the highest quality.
5) We are tailoring our working practices to meet EN 15038 requirements - the European Quality Standard for Translation Service Providers. We hope to achieve full accreditation in the near future.
If needed, we work seven days per week to achieve the standards that our clients expect. We also use the latest CAT technology to ensure that we can turn around high volumes of translation without compromising quality and consistency.
Each job is priced individually to account for variations in length, complexity of terminology, and required deadline. For our regular clients, we can of course come to a fixed price agreement. More details are available on request.
Minimum project fee 15 GBP
Danish kroner (DKK), Euro (EUR), Norwegian kroner (NOK), Pounds sterling (GBP), Swedish kronor (SEK), U. S. dollars (USD)
Supported file types
doc, docx, gif, htm, inx, jpeg, pdf, ppt, pptx, rtf, tmx, txt, xls, xlsx
Languages which this company does business in
Swedish, Norwegian, English, German, Danish
nordic, translation, scandinavian, The Nordic Word, www.thenordicword.com, swedish, english, norwegian, danish, german, translator, proofreader, editor, finance, business, economics, history, geography, aviation, transport, financial translation, aeronautical translation, business translation, economic translation, specialist, educated, masters degree, UCL, Imperial, Sweden, Uppsala, PricewaterhouseCoopers, PwC