jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:39
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Based on what did you get this conclusion? Oct 31, 2015

Arno99 wrote:
but it seems that this agency is not very professionally solid anyway and it might be best to severe links to them. Your call !

Based on what did you get this conclusion?

jyuan_us
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
What did you mean? Oct 31, 2015

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz wrote:

At least three parliamentary commissions and a panel of non-partisan experts before I give anyone a referral.

[Edited at 2015-10-29 23:28 GMT]

What did you want "three parliamentary commissions and a panel of non-partisan experts" to do? Also, I guess a verb must be contained or implied in the part before the before clause. Isn't that right?

Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno
Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:39
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
My understanding Oct 31, 2015

An agency has a client.

The agency needs an interpreter for its client.

The agency gets in contact with an interpreter and tells her: hey, just go ahead and reach an agreement with our client; whatever you agree on is OK with us; we will later invoice that amount to our client and transfer it to you minus our cut (15 %)

??

jyuan_us
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Right Oct 31, 2015

Alvaro Espantaleon wrote:

An agency has a client.

The agency needs an interpreter for its client.

The agency gets in contact with an interpreter and tells her: hey, just go ahead and reach an agreement with our client; whatever you agree on is OK with us; we will later invoice that amount to our client and transfer it to you minus our cut (15 %)

??

It is that simple. I didn't understand why this simple issue turned into such a complicated one.

Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 05:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
I agree Nov 3, 2015

Romix wrote:

The only thing I'm sure here is that there can't be a quotation from you and an invoice from the agency. One of you should do both things, that is the professional way to handle the operation. And then you and the agency arrange the referral fee issue.

So I see 2 possible ways to handle this:

Case 1:
1) The agency provides you with the contact info
2) You give the client your fee and afterwards your invoice
3) The agency will ask you to pay them a 15% fee for the referral on this operation.

Case 2:
1) Everything is done through the agency, as all the translations
2) You give the agency your fees so they can quote their client, though you cannot know how much they have really quoted
3) From that fee you gave they will pay you 85% (so take it into account when making numbers!)

But still sounds a little bit strange the whole story.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Usual commission for referrals?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »