Lefteris Kritikakis
United States
Local time: 17:27
Member (2023)
English to Greek
+ ...
Ok, so let it be on the record then... Jan 11

Christopher Schröder wrote:
I don’t work with agencies much but one of the world’s three largest agencies regularly pays me a $55 minimum for odd sentences. I charge double for weekend work. I haven’t worked at 12 cents a word since the 90s. Today I worked at twice that.

You're right! And it should have been this way across the board, for inflation alone.
Let it be on the record that you are currently working at around $0.24/word and $55 min charge, and double on weekends (your words), which roughly means about $200,000 annually without much pressure, and I'm just a negative loser.

Imagine the majority in here who think that 0.12/word is "too much, hard to believe"... I think you should be advising them first, not me.

Thanks

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Highly elitist translation agencies

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »