Off topic: David Orpin has passed away.
Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Utopia Lau (X)
Utopia Lau (X)
Local time: 03:06
English
+ ...
They can meet on the resurrection day! Dec 20, 2002

Just hold your grievence although it difficult to accept such a fact...

However, there would be one thind forthe rest of the family members to look forward to....

The resurrection day!

Olivier San Léandro
Olivier San Léandro  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:06
English to French
+ ...
Sincere condolences to family and friends Dec 20, 2002

So sad about this event...but let\'s remember what David was and what he did, and what he leaves to us all, to the world and particularly to the children\'s village...

I feel for you in your sorrow

Olivier

Helle Kaiser-Nielsen
Helle Kaiser-Nielsen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:06
English to Danish
+ ...
My sincere condolences Dec 20, 2002

My sincere condolences to David\'s family and friends. My thoughts are with you.

He was an exceptional man and a pleasure to work with on the few occassions that I had the opportunity to do so. He will be greatly missed as all the postings on his passing bear witness to.

Helle

Michael P. Osmann
Michael P. Osmann
Canada
Local time: 15:06
German to English
+ ...
David Dec 20, 2002

David was a legendary figure in the community and his support for payment principles and not as he would say \"the cow boys\" spoke for itself.

Drie

zebung
zebung
Swedish to English
Light a candle, say a prayer Dec 20, 2002

I will say a prayer for David\'s family and keep them in my hearts.

jaswinder singh
jaswinder singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:36
English to Punjabi
+ ...
condolence Dec 20, 2002

I don\'t know him, but I would like to pray for the departed soul. May God give courage to his family to live and cherish his presence through memories.

Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Good-Bye David! Dec 21, 2002

I didn\'t know David personally but his name is very familiar to me in the short time I have been lurking in the translation scene. His absence is already felt by so many!

Good look on this next journey, David!

Best wishes from us all!

Cassandra

cjohnstone
cjohnstone  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
just a friendly heartfelt tought to him and those who grieve in this so-called festive period Dec 21, 2002

never met him but any peer is somehow a would-be friend (hopefully) so my thoughts will go to wife and daugther over this Christmas period with a special thought as a prayer when I walk around in the marvellous countryside i live in. To both of you, you are not alone, we\'ll be thinking of you on Christmas day the best or the more horrible dayof the year, it all depends...Love although we don\'t know each other
[addsig]

Nadia Said
Nadia Said
Local time: 22:06
Member (2006)
German to Arabic
+ ...
My deepest condolences. Dec 21, 2002

I would like to pass my deepest condolences to the family. May God rest his soul.

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 03:06
English
+ ...
Condolences Dec 22, 2002

I knew him little if at all.

I was not shocked, for one day I shall go the way of all earthly life.

I treasure this opportunity to meditate that event in order to live more completely this day, and the next, if I am still here tomorrow.

Like most of us, I make plans and commit to dinner parties, classes and what not as if I were immortal.

In my prayers tonight, I shall include him, his family and, more generally,
... See more
I knew him little if at all.

I was not shocked, for one day I shall go the way of all earthly life.

I treasure this opportunity to meditate that event in order to live more completely this day, and the next, if I am still here tomorrow.

Like most of us, I make plans and commit to dinner parties, classes and what not as if I were immortal.

In my prayers tonight, I shall include him, his family and, more generally, all others who have ever lost a loved one since the dawn of time.
Collapse

Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Japan
Local time: 04:06
English to Japanese
+ ...
Sincere condolence Dec 22, 2002

I haven\'t known him personally, while I truly regret the loss of such a community member as has astoundingly contributed not only to the forum, but to the entire global translation community. I give my sincerest condolence to his families, and may his soul sleep in peace.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

David Orpin has passed away.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »