Scam: Robert D. ([email protected])
Autor vlákna: Grace Shalhoub
Bert Schumann
Bert Schumann
Local time: 20:54
esperanto -> němčina
+ ...
next step Oct 8, 2014

He sent me a copy of his passport and a kind of contract.
Here is the passport: http://bertox.free.fr/foto/PassportRobertoDenardo.jpg
Is it a true US passport ?
Now his french automatic translation is worstrer than before.
I will not give him any info about me

But why he has always acces to proz. He should be forbidden

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 14:54
Člen (2000)
francouzština -> angličtina
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
It's probably somebody's Oct 9, 2014

Passports get stolen all the time, and have a ready market.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugalsko
Local time: 19:54
dánština -> angličtina
+ ...
Looks fake Oct 9, 2014

Look at how the horizontal lines on the photo are not quite horizontal but bend down a bit to the right.

That's not the problem, but then look at the passport number upper right. That's completely straight, and it doesn't follow the slight bend of the paper. You can also see a shadow of what looks like a previous passport number underneath to the right. The passport number is also sharp, whereas the rest of the passport is slightly blurred. That means that number has been edited in
... See more
Look at how the horizontal lines on the photo are not quite horizontal but bend down a bit to the right.

That's not the problem, but then look at the passport number upper right. That's completely straight, and it doesn't follow the slight bend of the paper. You can also see a shadow of what looks like a previous passport number underneath to the right. The passport number is also sharp, whereas the rest of the passport is slightly blurred. That means that number has been edited in by an image editor.

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. You need official business information, and to be able to look it up in official company registers.

Just google 'US passport'. You'll find images enough to be able to edit your own fake passport.
Collapse

valentina tamburello
valentina tamburello
Francie
Člen (2014)
francouzština -> italština
+ ...
faux chèque. Oct 13, 2014

bonjour à tous,
je fais également partie de ceux qui ont reçu ces mails. Je ne me suis pas méfiée tout de suite. Mais quand le Roberto m'a envoyé une sorte de contrat pour sceller notre collaboration, j'ai compris...
Il me disait en outre qu'il allait m'envoyer un chèque pour couvrir les premiers frais.
Je n'ai plus répondu mais ai attendu le chèque qui m'est arrivé, j'ai vérifié avec la banque émettrice et évidemment il s'agit d'un faux chèque.
la banqui�
... See more
bonjour à tous,
je fais également partie de ceux qui ont reçu ces mails. Je ne me suis pas méfiée tout de suite. Mais quand le Roberto m'a envoyé une sorte de contrat pour sceller notre collaboration, j'ai compris...
Il me disait en outre qu'il allait m'envoyer un chèque pour couvrir les premiers frais.
Je n'ai plus répondu mais ai attendu le chèque qui m'est arrivé, j'ai vérifié avec la banque émettrice et évidemment il s'agit d'un faux chèque.
la banquière m'a dit qu'ils ont une centaine de faux chèques provenant de cette personne.
Je vais aller porter plainte pour tentative d'escroquerie au commissariat.
J'invite tous ceux qui ont reçu ce chèque à faire de même. Je pense que la police ne pourra rien faire mais bon...
Et surtout attention!
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Švédsko
němčina -> švédština
+ ...
Fake Oct 15, 2014

Bert wrote:

Here is the passport: http://bertox.free.fr/foto/PassportRobertoDenardo.jpg
Is it a true US passport ?

The passport is an extremely bad fake. I speak as an image editing professional.

Stran v tématu:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Robert D. ([email protected])

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »